Grinding/humming noise from offside wheel, 2009 fiesta titanium automotive. - Ford Fiesta Mk1 / Mk2 / Mk3 Forum - (1976-1995) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Grinding/humming noise from offside wheel, 2009 fiesta titanium automotive.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sean74

Sean74

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:fiesta
  • Name:Sean Eales

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:43 AM

Hi everyone.
This problem is really getting to me now!!
End of December I had a back offside wheel bearing change, due to a grinding/humming sound.
This sound as come back!
I've taken the car to same wellknown garage twice. The first time, it was in for Mot, which I mentioned the noise to them. The car passed Mot and they said. Their is nothing wrong with car, as it passed Mot.
I took it back a week later because the sound was getting worse.
Again! They told me their is nothing wrong with it. They told me their is no play in the wheel, and they even took it for a drive.
So I took it home, and I can clearly hear it still. Even more so when I steer to the left. Are they mugging me off? Please help!

#2 Puggy

Puggy

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Titanium
  • Name:Iain Steele

Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:08 AM

I would check the bearing that was replaced maybe not done properly, over-tightened the hub nut as you say when you steer left it loads up the right hand bearing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users