After installed sat nav, front/ rear sensor not work - Page 2 - In-Car Entertainment (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

After installed sat nav, front/ rear sensor not work

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1297 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo 2.5t
  • Name:Mark

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:59 PM

POPULAR

With your original radio, the sound for the parking sensors came through the radio.

With the satnav radio, the sound for the parking sensors has to come out of separate speakers/buzzers that are nothing to do with the satnav radio.

There are 2 links posted above that show you where these extra speakers/buzzers go, so have a look and see if you already have them fitted to your car. If you do not already have them then you need to buy and fit these separate speakers/buzzers to hear the sound for your parking sensors.

After that you have to use the elm327 cable with elmconfig to tell the car you have a satnav radio so it knows about the extra speakers/buzzers for the parking sensors.

Edited by Mark M, 12 December 2017 - 12:59 PM.

• 2006mondeo.st220 likes this

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams  -  Convers Mod

295bhp & 450nm of fun, but can still give 38mpg  :driving: 

#12 mrk26

mrk26

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk4 Zetec

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

POPULAR

All been explained, what you don't understand? You change configuration in your car by changing radio for sat nav, so to finish this modification you need to add few other bits(buzzers) and reprogram car configuration so modules in car can work alternative way base on your modification.
  • 2006mondeo.st220 likes this
<p>Few upgrades: Facelift convers+ with custom FW, HLA, ACC with Forward Collision Alert, BT/VC with USB, Auto lock, FW updates, Auto lights + wipers, sat nav Blaupunkt FX, Genuine PDC front and rear to get visualisation on Convers + :D

#13 2006mondeo.st220

2006mondeo.st220

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo St220 & MK4.5

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:36 PM

Thanks For Help

I will check the elm and the buzzers. 

Regards

#14 2006mondeo.st220

2006mondeo.st220

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo St220 & MK4.5

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:38 PM

With your original radio, the sound for the parking sensors came through the radio.

With the satnav radio, the sound for the parking sensors has to come out of separate speakers/buzzers that are nothing to do with the satnav radio.

There are 2 links posted above that show you where these extra speakers/buzzers go, so have a look and see if you already have them fitted to your car. If you do not already have them then you need to buy and fit these separate speakers/buzzers to hear the sound for your parking sensors.

After that you have to use the elm327 cable with elmconfig to tell the car you have a satnav radio so it knows about the extra speakers/buzzers for the parking sensors.

All been explained, what you don't understand? You change configuration in your car by changing radio for sat nav, so to finish this modification you need to add few other bits(buzzers) and reprogram car configuration so modules in car can work alternative way base on your modification.

Thanks For Help

I will check the elm and the buzzers. 

Regards

#15 ORYX

ORYX

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK4
  • Name:Johan Naude

Posted 16 January 2021 - 07:28 AM

Hi Team.

Bringing up an old topic.
I have a 2013 Mondeo MK4.5 Zetec.
I fitted an aftermarket android radio and as expected lost my reverse buzzers.
I bought 2 buzzers and installed them and tried to change the configuration in my BDC with Forscan, but can't get the buzzers to work.
Does anybody know what the configuration in the BDC must be to get them working?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users