How to replace air con pump / compressor on 2.5 and is it the same unit as on mk3 tdci - Air-Con / Heating (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

How to replace air con pump / compressor on 2.5 and is it the same unit as on mk3 tdci

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sgking

sgking

ST200 Limited Ghia X

• Members
  • 6505 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:car

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:03 PM

Hi I fitted new condenser (rad) and dehydrator (tank) last year, got it regarded and was very happy. All of a sudden this year there's no cold air. I have been round the system with a uv torch and can see that the only area where dye has leaked is from the compressor (pump).

So I want to change it and get my ac back. Haynes suggests it is very easy but I dont trust the Haynes that much and was wondering what your experiences are.

Also does the mk2 2.5 v6 use the same compressor as the tdci as it would apprear from items for sale that it does?and I would have more choice available if I bought a tdci one...what do you think...thanks
Mondeo 2000 ST24

Mondeo ST200 Limited Edition no 181/300 'Ghia X'

#2 sgking

sgking

ST200 Limited Ghia X

• Members
  • 6505 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:car

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:52 PM

OK well I have done some research and can confirm the following:

my St200 has different ac compressor to my st24 which is annoying. The electrical connector and the refrigerant line connection are both different.

So,

st24 compressor = the usual compressors found on lots of different ford and in abundance on the second hand market

St200 compressor = found on mk3 v6's only (inc St220) , not so much in abundance.

Hopefully that will help someone oneday.

Mondeo 2000 ST24

Mondeo ST200 Limited Edition no 181/300 'Ghia X'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users