MK2 mondeo handbrake warning light on - Electrical (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

MK2 mondeo handbrake warning light on

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 steveo69

steveo69

Little Megger

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

hello , mates , would appreciate any info , help  !  my dad has a mk2 , 2000 ,  2.5 ghia x pack auto Mondeo ,  its the later stripped down  X pack with out the warning module & warning lights , like the earlier X packs  , any way   the problem is the hand brake  warning light on the dash is on all the time , for the last month , when pull hand brake , it goes brighter ! release hand brake , goes dull ,  no other warning lights on ,  brake fluid topped up  to max , , put a code reader on it , don't show anything .  it did go off once after a 20 mile drive , then next time went out  & started car , it was on again ,

thanks in advance !

#2 siruncle

siruncle

munching bananas

• Global Moderator
  • 18998 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:St150
  • Name:Pete

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:01 PM

if you look on the centre console, there is a little coin holder. If you pry it out and look straight down, you'll see the handbrake switch. I gave mine a squirt with wd40, then sat there and operated the lever about 40 times.

<p><p>From Rutland, Leicestershire or Northamptonshire? Join the Rutland Group, http://www.talkford....land-area-page/ Leicestershire, http://www.talkford....leicestershire/ or Northamptonshire, http://www.talkford....rthamptonshire/2000 (W) Mondeo Mk2 Ghia 2.0 Hatch in Stardust Silver, now has company, a 2000 (W) Transit Smiley :) 2.5di (ish), in diamond white, with a blue stripe. (pics coming soon). Also 05 Fiesta St150 in colorado red. This is Ford country, listen quietly and you can hear Vauxhalls rusting :)

#3 steveo69

steveo69

Little Megger

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:55 AM

if you look on the centre console, there is a little coin holder. If you pry it out and look straight down, you'll see the handbrake switch. I gave mine a squirt with wd40, then sat there and operated the lever about 40 times.

thank you for the reply &

sorry for the late reply  , 

I gave that a go ,  gave it a good drowing in wd40  , & operated the switch with a wooden dowel , millions of times  , then operated the hand brake  loads ,    still the same , when hand brake  off , hand brake light on ( but dull ) ,  going to start pulling  connections & multi plugs , & see if anything going on  , I know its 17 years old , but its low milage 75 thousand & been looked after , not been messed about with etc    will get back with any info , if I find anything ......  thought sure it would list a code on code reader something like this , anyway enough of my waffling , thanks again for the reply  , appreciated

#4 steveo69

steveo69

Little Megger

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:59 AM

sorry for the late up date , life gets in the way etc ,  tested all abs sensors , looked at as much of the wiring as could for damage etc , still no codes coming up either ,    found out traction control & ABS does not work , still no abs warning light on dash though , just like before , on another odd occasion after a 20 mile drive , light went off , traction control button worked & hand brake light went off  had ABS ,  right until I switched the ignition off , after the journey .  started it back up , hand brake light on no ABS  light  , no abs brakes or traction control ...  think it must be something in the pump its self or the module on the side ,maybe something with the  printed  circuit board  ? ... solder  broken / loose soldered connections ???  etc  ,  will up date further ,  as & when with my findings , may help anyone else with this problem ,

#5 steveo69

steveo69

Little Megger

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:15 PM

hello mates , finally got round to the ole Mondeo ! changed ABS pump !!  that fixed problem    ,  not had a look in the old ones control module , will report back , when I do ,   what a night mare to do :BEEP:   , :L

Edited by steveo69, 17 May 2018 - 06:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users