DPF / EGR faults? - Exhausts / Induction (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

DPF / EGR faults?

egr pdf regen soot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Simon_uk

Simon_uk

Little Megger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST Line X
  • Name:Simon

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:10 PM

Hi all,

been experiencing some issues with my 2012 2.2.Tdci TXS estate.had engine malfunction come on a few times in the past weeks. I have plugged it into my forscan software, and determined it was unable to complete a DPF regeneration due to a P244C fault code.

Capture3.JPG

So reading other threads available, & making other checks etc, I have ordered a replacement valve assembly from Ebay (£180) as opposed to dealer at £250+vat?!, this arrives next week...

However around 1 month ago during a routine scan to review dpf soot load etc, It did throw up another code, for the egr...this was error P1412 (EGr frozen).

I had cleared the code, and hasn't come back since.

So this now also has me thinking that the dpf could be trying to regen more often due to a sticky egr valve?

Capture2.JPG

Can easy checks be made for the EGR on this engine, either manually, or using forscan etc.

I'm changing the valve assembly, and am I likely looking at the route cause being the egr?

I have noticed that over the last month the regens seem to be more often..

thoughts and help appreciated.

#2 Simon_uk

Simon_uk

Little Megger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

this is a link to the part I ordered...I thought cost was good when in-comparison to dealers, although tempted by some second hand units I figured they could be in as worse condition as mine, so opted to cough up..

http://www.ebay.co.u...g4AAOSwHjNWAHSA

#3 bandit 4711

bandit 4711

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo mk4 2.2 tdci
  • Name:steve yeomans

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:50 PM

Hi Simon, recently had the same with my 2011 2.2, i use it as a cab 165,000mls started having many regens two or three an evening, eventually got p1412 up. in a nutshell the EGR was screwed very slightly open still allowing gas through, the effect of this was to increase regens but after fitting new EGR the regens became a lot less frequent but the new problem was lumpy idle on start up when warm. I was just about to go and get a set of injectors when a mate of mine rightly pointed out it was probably a sticky turbo vane, anyway i purchased a bottle of archoil fuel system cleaner, poured that in and then went at the induction pipe with a couple of cans of Wynns EGR cleaner which iam reliably informed also loosens cruddy turbos. 600mls later it still runs like a steam train no more codes :first:  

#4 Simon_uk

Simon_uk

Little Megger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:31 PM

Hi Simon, recently had the same with my 2011 2.2, i use it as a cab 165,000mls started having many regens two or three an evening, eventually got p1412 up. in a nutshell the EGR was screwed very slightly open still allowing gas through, the effect of this was to increase regens but after fitting new EGR the regens became a lot less frequent but the new problem was lumpy idle on start up when warm. I was just about to go and get a set of injectors when a mate of mine rightly pointed out it was probably a sticky turbo vane, anyway i purchased a bottle of archoil fuel system cleaner, poured that in and then went at the induction pipe with a couple of cans of Wynns EGR cleaner which iam reliably informed also loosens cruddy turbos. 600mls later it still runs like a steam train no more codes :first:  

yeah I was thinking my egr is sometimes sticking following the frozen alarm i had. but in the last weeks it hasn't reappeared.

haven't changed out my injector valve assembly in the front end of the dpf yet, but I have been monitoring the egr and cat temperatures using an app on my mobile..via the obd.

I downloaded the full version of Torque...once I configured my dash you can see all sort.  a clever device to review whats happening live.

(screen shot : (not live))

Screenshot_20170708-182212 (1).png

I noted that the egr closes during a regen, and once completed opens up again. so far its performing.

I might get some of the wynns egr cleaner you mentioned. But i still plan to change the valve assy now i have it...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: egr, pdf, regen, soot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users