DPF Isues... 2.0 TDCi - Ford Kuga Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

DPF Isues... 2.0 TDCi

dpf regen long journey forscan static regen hot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jimbotheitbod

jimbotheitbod

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Kuga
  • Name:James

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

Good Afternoon, I'm James, a long time listener, first time caller here at TalkFord.

I have a problem with a Kuga 2.0 TDCI.

I bought the car with about 36,000 on the clock, and it was serviced prior to delivery by the supplying garage.

at about 43,000 and having done daily commutes of around 100 miles, the Engine Malfunction light came on, the AA duly attended and stated the soot loading was 116% and that the car needed lifting to a garage. (this was after a 50 mile trip, on the motorway, at about 3am and a constant speed of 60 - 70 mph) now, during that journey, I noticed that the car was almost misfiring, it was like driving in to a strong headwind.

The dealer it was dragged to diagnosed a faulty (blocked) vapouriser and changed it.

i have since discovered the wonder that is forscan, and on a 55 mile journey have recorded the trace which shows the DPF start at 62%, go down to about 32% then towards the end of the journey go upto 82% at around 80% i can see the exhaust temp rise to 600c but only for a few seconds, then it falls away very quickly, then the headwind feeling came back, as the car was opening and closing the EGR to around 50%

I have changed the differential sensor for  new one, and erased the learned values for it using forscan.

I have also, since that journey, experienced it running like a pig, scanned it to find the DPF at 100%, so performed a static regen which brought the load down to 8% (it fails the regen with a timeout, but says if the error DPF Full can be cleared it was successful) but almost immediately popped back up to 40%

So long story short, I think there is a sensor, possibly downstream which is skewing the load figures (as I understand this is a calculated value)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Any healp very much appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 Jonny 5

Jonny 5

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.0tdci
  • Name:Jon Holland

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:36 PM

Can you get a pressure gauge on the dpf outlet pipes?

I used a gunsons one to verify zero pressure after a regen, and then sky high pressures after the dpf sooted up (long story, having a nightmare on my mondeo)

this is the way to check if the pressure sensors etc are giving a true account of things

good luck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dpf, regen, long journey, forscan, static regen, hot

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users