150hp to 210 hp...safe? - Page 2 - Diesel Engines (Mk5 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

150hp to 210 hp...safe?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 Mison

Mison

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Titanium
  • Name:Simon

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:06 AM

Yes. Ford claim 148bhp but Bluefin got 163bhp. Not sure why there is a 15bhp difference. The link is for the mk5 09/2014 onwards.

Mondeo Titanium 240ps in Magnetic Grey with X pack, sports suspension, 19" alloys, heated seats and steering wheel, Sony Nav 12 spkr audio, body kit, reversing camera, power tailgate, park assist, active city stop, BLIS, K&N 33-5000 air filter and Bluefin remap.

#12 Mison

Mison

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Titanium
  • Name:Simon

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

http://www.mybluefin...dci150PSEu6.pdf

Graphs showing 163bhp stock for the "148bhp" diesel Mk5.

Mondeo Titanium 240ps in Magnetic Grey with X pack, sports suspension, 19" alloys, heated seats and steering wheel, Sony Nav 12 spkr audio, body kit, reversing camera, power tailgate, park assist, active city stop, BLIS, K&N 33-5000 air filter and Bluefin remap.

#13 mrk26

mrk26

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk4 Zetec

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:46 AM

Just to clarify there is no such option to change from 150bhp to 210bhp. The change is from 150bhp to 180bhp original map. If you want more than 180bhp then remap only.
@Beethoven, you should be convinced now after people on polish forum confirmed that for you.
210bhp standard ford engine is twin turbo, no chance to get that on standard single turbo on original ford map.

Edited by mrk26, 26 May 2017 - 08:47 AM.

<p>Few upgrades: Facelift convers+ with custom FW, HLA, ACC with Forward Collision Alert, BT/VC with USB, Auto lock, FW updates, Auto lights + wipers, sat nav Blaupunkt FX, Genuine PDC front and rear to get visualisation on Convers + :D

#14 beethoven

beethoven

beethoven

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mk5 tdci 225 hp
  • Name:Thierry

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

I know..it is only theoretical. I am planning to do a dyno-run, shortly. But the 210 bhp map has been activated, I am sure of that.

#15 Newportboy

Newportboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Christian

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:58 AM

Hi All

Can I just get your thoughts on a remap please?

My 2.0L Tit X Diesel 150BHP AWD is due in next Friday to be remapped.

The place doing it is reputable and the owner is an acquaintance of mine, he has told me the remap will make the following upgrades -

150 to 200bhp

370nm torque to 450nm

better fuel economy also.

I'm keeping the car for a number of years so want to make sure this upgrade will not cause long term effects to the turbo or AWD system.

Does anyone have any experience with remaps going wrong or words of wisdom?

66' Plate Mondeo Titanium

2.0L Diesel 150BHP (Remapped)

Panther Black

17'' Inch Zetec Alloys (I don't know why either)

All Wheel Drive

X Pack Trim (Full leather, heated seats, electric seats, LED Headlights)

Panoramic Roof.

#16 Testadi

Testadi

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk5 TDCI Titx AWD
  • Name:Luca

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

Assuming the mapper knows what they are doing and the map files are well written then there is little to worry about in terms of how the car performs (think of it like your car....but better). Thing is although mappers quote better mpg you have to drive as you did and not quicker as that will negate the fuel saving from the map.

I have had a number of cars over the years mapped, and its always been for the better, with little concern for long term issues as the maps were written with safety parameters in mind  ie gearbox tolerances.

Here is the kicker...we have a 180 awd auto and i have had remap thoughts already....but when its a 2 year old car valued way more than any of my older cars i am much more cautious!!

My main concern is the gearbox...apparently the autobox is good for 450nms but mappers map around 73-75nm and standard the car has around 400nm. 

I guess i need to ask superchips! they offer a warranty from what i have seen!

#17 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1343 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo 2.5t
  • Name:Mark

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:56 PM

POPULAR

Here is the kicker...we have a 180 awd auto and i have had remap thoughts already....but when its a 2 year old car valued way more than any of my older cars i am much more cautious!!

My main concern is the gearbox...apparently the autobox is good for 450nms but mappers map around 73-75nm and standard the car has around 400nm. 

Mrs' Kuga was 6 months old with just under 2000 miles on the clock when I Bluefinned it  :lol:   

Not quite the same power levels as you would be looking at as it's a 1.5 petrol AWD auto so went from 179-204bhp and 240-303nm but quite regularly gets a thrashing in sports mode with no fear at all.

Bluefin/Superchips warranty looking at the website is, up to £10,000 for all repairs within the car's original warranty period if the failure is down to the remap. Only within 12 months or 30,000 miles (whichever is shorter) of fitting the bluefin and only so long as your original warranty is still covering the car as well as having a full service history and only if the original warranty won't cover it.

Given how popular Bluefins are I'd have thought there would have been mentions of them causing failures somewhere on t'interweb. 

• Testadi likes this

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams  -  Convers Mod

295bhp & 450nm of fun, but can still give 38mpg  :driving: 

#18 Testadi

Testadi

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk5 TDCI Titx AWD
  • Name:Luca

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:20 PM

Mrs' Kuga was 6 months old with just under 2000 miles on the clock when I Bluefinned it  :lol:   

Not quite the same power levels as you would be looking at as it's a 1.5 petrol AWD auto so went from 179-204bhp and 240-303nm but quite regularly gets a thrashing in sports mode with no fear at all.

Bluefin/Superchips warranty looking at the website is, up to £10,000 for all repairs within the car's original warranty period if the failure is down to the remap. Only within 12 months or 30,000 miles (whichever is shorter) of fitting the bluefin and only so long as your original warranty is still covering the car as well as having a full service history and only if the original warranty won't cover it.

Given how popular Bluefins are I'd have thought there would have been mentions of them causing failures somewhere on t'interweb. 

:lol:  so how are you finding it? well by the sound of it! 204 from a 1.5 i recon would make for quite a nice setup imo!!

Yes bluefin is exactly what i would fit! just need to talk to them when i get a chance. To be fair the car is not slow anyway so am in no rush

#19 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1343 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo 2.5t
  • Name:Mark

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:53 PM

POPULAR

Mrs loves it, I rarely get to drive it unfortunately but for a big beast she does shift surprisingly well lol.
Was inevitable after bumping my mk4 2.5t petrol up from 222 to a lot more (stage 2 bluefin doesn't have official numbers) and that was at 125,000 miles so yeah, I have quite a bit of faith/trust in bluefin.

The best part was driving mine sensibly from worthing to Kent and back and got 38mpg, 8mpg better than when it was a stock car.
  • Testadi likes this

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams  -  Convers Mod

295bhp & 450nm of fun, but can still give 38mpg  :driving: 

#20 Newportboy

Newportboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Christian

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:38 PM

POPULAR

Hi All,

it sounds as if the remap method way is well used and reliable.

Car is in on Friday for a remap and parking sensors (bought the only Mondeo in the world without factory fitted sensors!!)

will report back on the difference the remap makes.

• Testadi likes this

66' Plate Mondeo Titanium

2.0L Diesel 150BHP (Remapped)

Panther Black

17'' Inch Zetec Alloys (I don't know why either)

All Wheel Drive

X Pack Trim (Full leather, heated seats, electric seats, LED Headlights)

Panoramic Roof.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users