Trailer relay locations - Electrical (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Trailer relay locations

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 davidcie

davidcie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:17 AM

I know trailer wiring has been beat to death a number of times but I believe my question has not yet been answered.

I have the original 13-pin Oris E337 towbar with a removable hitch. Was able to mount the bar without any problems but have a hard time figuring out where the relays and power plugs should connect. I do know that the main loom enters the interior near the left rear lamp and plugs into its plug. Some of the cabling also goes to the right rear lamp and plugs there no problem.

What I am having trouble with is where I should screw in and plug the two relays on the photo? I could not find any bolts in the rear left wheelwell where these should be screwed in. Same for the plugs — there do not seem to be any connectors around that I might use to connect +12V constant on and +12V on ignition. Things are not made simpler by lack of any trailer wires in wiring diagrams for this car.

Can any of you who do have the 13-pin OEM trailer have a look in your wheelwell and possibly take some pics for me?

P1010035.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users