Heater Controls - Air Direction - Air-Con / Heating (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Heater Controls - Air Direction

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

TF regular

• Validating
  • 547 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 09:00 AM

First off whoooo i am the first to post here.

The Air direction selector thing has stopped working :(

I left it on the front demist setting for ages... but today i just tryed to select face and nothing came out of the front air vents.

Yes all the front air vents are on the one position... if i turn the dial to the off position that works. But the face and floor settings seamed to be not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks

TF regular

• Validating
  • 547 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:40 PM

no ideas then? :(

#3 twincarbs

twincarbs

I Love Diesel

• Members
  • 2146 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 05:26 PM

its vacuum driven, remember. it could be that one of the vacuum pipes has come off somewhere. theres one that attaches to the intake manifold at the back of the engine that is quite prone to falling off!

if not, remove the glovebox and have a look at that little vacuum cannister doofer behind there. when you turn the dial, you should hear and see this move. check the vacuum connections around here too.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Sometimes I let her sleep in.

TF regular

• Validating
  • 547 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 08:59 PM

ok cool, thanks. I will check that. does anyone have any pictures of where roughly i should be looking and what they look like?

Many Thanks

#5 GJW

GJW

Big Megger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:25 AM

Had the same fault with mine. The heater direction automaticly defaults to demist (windscreen) when theres a fault. Stand next to the nearside wing, lean into rear of the engine, centre of car in line with the heater control. between bulkhead and engine. there should be a black hose about 3mm diameter with a rubber elbow at the top. Check this first as mine had rubbed through on a steel pipe and I lost the vacuum. This is easier to check first rather than ripping out the console. When you find the leak chuck a bit of insulation tape on it and test. New hose cost me £2.00 but I am a ford employee so expect about £4.00. Hope this sorts you out...its gotta be something silly like that.

MK1 KA 2003... 2015 Fiesta Zetec S,  2008 Focus Zetec Estate....2014 Focus Titanium Navigator

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:53 AM

I've tried these things and still can't find the vaccum leak?? Pulled off the 2 flexible pipes under the glove box and reconnected and behind the engine, still no movement in the selector (stuck on windscreen). It has to be something simple...? ? ? Please advise thanks :innocent:

#7 Rhys

Rhys

at Vanishing Point....

• Members
  • 3994 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:00 PM

When you've re-connected the hoses to the back of the air-direction control, you'll need to take your car for a drive. This will build up the vacuum (sp) in the resevior which allows the control to work. If you just try the switch without driving the car about nothing will happen.

Just stick the switch on dash vents and go drive. :L
'06-Now - 2001 ST200 - Garage Link - 199.5 BHP recorded @ AmD Essex :) 16.155s 1/4mile @ Santa Pod
'08-Now - 1999 Mazda MX5 - Apparently, a hairdressers car. :unsure: 16.288s 1/4mile @ Santa Pod
Verona X - Garage Link - Cat C'd, repaired and roaming the roads again.
Rhinestone: Former owner of dad's old TDCi Ghia X

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:34 AM

gave that a go, but still no vacuum build up. there has to be a leak somewhere? or could it be an electrical fault? Are there other vacuum hoses located under the car? Tks.

#9 Rhys

Rhys

at Vanishing Point....

• Members
  • 3994 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 05:22 PM

When I was having probs with the direction control, I found that I'd disturbed the block connector on the rear of the direction switch. I just pushed all the hoses back into it and then pushed the block into it's clips. Hasn't played up since, but then I've not been removing the radio quite so often. :L
'06-Now - 2001 ST200 - Garage Link - 199.5 BHP recorded @ AmD Essex :) 16.155s 1/4mile @ Santa Pod
'08-Now - 1999 Mazda MX5 - Apparently, a hairdressers car. :unsure: 16.288s 1/4mile @ Santa Pod
Verona X - Garage Link - Cat C'd, repaired and roaming the roads again.
Rhinestone: Former owner of dad's old TDCi Ghia X

#10 Pob

Pob

MEG Admiral

• Members
  • 1727 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:48 PM

I bet you've done the same as me. When you push a non ford headunit in, which has alot of wires at the back it sometimes pushes the pipes off the connector.

Going to sort mine tomorrow

Dan
View it, live it, Love it
www.view2britain.com
www.view2nz.com
www.view2aus.com