USB Mod Guide - start to finish (pt1) - Page 14 - In-Car Entertainment (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

USB Mod Guide - start to finish (pt1)

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#131 alpid

alpid

Big Megger

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2008 Titanium X 2.5T

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:42 PM

It's difficult to know where to post this as there is so much info afterall but, this seems as good as any other.
I've done the hardware update and USB is working ie: tracklist display in the NX but the USB sound is low and only coming from the left side, maybe i've made a bad connection in the plug, i'll check. The other fault is the phone, it pairs up ok for bluetooth and i can dial from the displayed list and even talk commands are working but again no audio at all from the NX.
I have yet to connect forscan or elmconfig to check things are configuered properly but considering functionality is there i'm assuming all is set up already in there.
ideas or redirection to a similar problem/fix?

I hate quoting myself but...

... anybody?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Mk1 1995 N Dark Aubergine 2.0 GLX Estate with smoke indicators electric everything and dark smoke window tint, tailgate spoiler light smoke slimline wind deflectors, Truffle Leather interior with heaters. Chrome trim and eXcel Alloys.Not quite a Ghia +

My mondy was replaced by a 2.0ltr Cougar (the mondeo with no back doors) and now partnered by a 2008 Mondeo Titanium X 2.5T estate in Blue (ambition)?

#132 alpid

alpid

Big Megger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:49 AM

OK so nobody!

Mk1 1995 N Dark Aubergine 2.0 GLX Estate with smoke indicators electric everything and dark smoke window tint, tailgate spoiler light smoke slimline wind deflectors, Truffle Leather interior with heaters. Chrome trim and eXcel Alloys.Not quite a Ghia +

My mondy was replaced by a 2.0ltr Cougar (the mondeo with no back doors) and now partnered by a 2008 Mondeo Titanium X 2.5T estate in Blue (ambition)?

#133 brownie2k

brownie2k

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2007 Mondeo Mk4
  • Name:Paul

Posted 20 February 2020 - 11:21 AM

POPULAR

Pretty sure that's all related to the mod. Is it the NX you've got or the MCA? I know when I did the MCA retrofit, I had to do the microphone mod as well as the bluetooth wiring mod, but you shouldn't need to do it on the NX.

Aside from that, have you double checked the bluetooth wiring mod you did? Is it all wired properly? Have you changed everything on Forscan too?
  • alpid likes this

Previous car: 2007 Mk4 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi Titanium X

Current car: 2011 Mk4.5 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

Modifications done on the Mondeo upto now:

MCA2 DAB! Finally!, Conversmod, Ford DAB ---> MCA2

Planned future modifications:

Reverse camera, Memory Seats

#134 alpid

alpid

Big Megger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 12:48 AM

Appreciate your reply brownie. Those damn futaba pins! As I suspected, the pin connecting the right side had pushed out when I reconnected the plug to the module. All sorted now. Volume difference from usb is noticeable but I can live with that. Yes I have the NX. No forscan updates were needed. I did venture into elmconfig land though to see if I could get the usb displayed in converse+. My as built data shows low/vc iirc so I changed it to high/vc/usb and navi but I chickened out of saving changes until I read up a bit more.
Oh, I finally used forscan to program my spare key (keyless start) which has been in the drawer for months, but that's for another thread.

#135 brownie2k

brownie2k

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2007 Mondeo Mk4
  • Name:Paul

Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:50 PM

POPULAR

Appreciate your reply brownie. Those damn futaba pins! As I suspected, the pin connecting the right side had pushed out when I reconnected the plug to the module. All sorted now. Volume difference from usb is noticeable but I can live with that. Yes I have the NX. No forscan updates were needed. I did venture into elmconfig land though to see if I could get the usb displayed in converse+. My as built data shows low/vc iirc so I changed it to high/vc/usb and navi but I chickened out of saving changes until I read up a bit more.
Oh, I finally used forscan to program my spare key (keyless start) which has been in the drawer for months, but that's for another thread.

Wouldn't be scared about saving anything. As long as you have a backup of you current CCC then if anything went wrong you can reflash and go back to default. You won't break anything messing with the Bluetooth/USB settings, well, nothing that can't be easily fixed.

• alpid likes this

Previous car: 2007 Mk4 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi Titanium X

Current car: 2011 Mk4.5 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

Modifications done on the Mondeo upto now:

MCA2 DAB! Finally!, Conversmod, Ford DAB ---> MCA2

Planned future modifications:

Reverse camera, Memory Seats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users