Gamechangers? - Page 2 - Diesel Engines (Mk5 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Gamechangers?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Mondygeek

Mondygeek

dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and no money

• Members
  • 3200 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3 (54) tdci
  • Name:Ben

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:09 PM

First mod that was done was the egr, makes a hell of a difference in running but found the engine braking slightly weaker. Well the old pump we turned it up 2 full turns and again made a big difference especially up hills, the pump then started leaking from the shaft the throttle cable connects to at the top of the pump and then it began difficult to start and found diesel leaking back, the lift pump was 9 months old (tpuk) and had completely failed so had to replace it....so now he's a little sceptical about doing it with this pump as much as I encourage him. I want him to supercharge it just for shi*s and giggles, he owns 3 mk5's but 2 arnt the banana but same engine

Edited by Mondygeek, 19 June 2017 - 07:11 PM.

#12 Mondygeek

Mondygeek

dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and no money

• Members
  • 3200 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3 (54) tdci
  • Name:Ben

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:12 PM

I've just replaced the fuel pump, injectors and lift pump on my dads mk5 banana engine. It's so simple at one point after I'd done it I thought "I'm sure I must of missed something. Believe it or not the hardest part was 1 nut under the lift pump.

And I see the egr is blanked too ;)

if he's the right pump, has he turned the power up? (the nut under the cap on top of the pump). I know of a how-to link if it has not been done.

egr is a compulsory tweak really :D

Post up the link anyway, it'll make for a good read whilst I'm working

#13 FredU

FredU

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk 5 Mondeo
  • Name:Neil

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:49 PM

POPULAR

Getsome; Euro 6 does not mean mandatory Adblue. Ford 180 tdci engine is Euro 6, but no adblue.

• rogerb292 likes this

Mk 5.5 190 diesel awd Vignale estate in Blue Panther, sunroof, retractable towbar

#14 GD SPORT

GD SPORT

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MONDEO titanium
  • Name:GLYN

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:51 PM

POPULAR

My 150 tdci does not have adblue

• FredU likes this

#15 getsome

getsome

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK4.5 TDCi
  • Name:Raffe

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

In Sweden Euro6 on diesel engine is mandatory adblue. The same was on euro4 with dpf thats why my volvo v50 eu4 was reflashed with uk eu4 s.w without dpf... seems this country always goes for the worst option..

#16 robj20

robj20

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo V
  • Name:Rob

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

How is no adblue but still meets the spec the worst way. I think its the best way not needing adblue.

Its just smarter engineering, putting the dpf as close to the engine as possible to keep the temperature high. Using injected fuel to then burn it off, no need to treat the car any differently it's all taken care of.

Edited by robj20, 26 July 2017 - 07:49 PM.

#17 mike_coward

mike_coward

Little Megger

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 1.5TDCi Tit X

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:50 AM

My 1.5 TDCi doesn't have adblue and is Euro VI.
Very economical. Getting low 60s

Did achieve Ford's claimed 72.5mpg on a leisurely drive from Southport, down to Bath, via 7 sites in the West Midlands and back to Southport (~440miles) but that was using the Adaptive Cruise Control with the truckers.

Only downside despite factory-fitted tow bar and 120bhp - it can't pull the skin off a rice pudding (or a caravan!) :@ [[f9.angry]] >:( (@)

There is a trade-off!

Edited by mike_coward, 29 July 2017 - 08:03 AM.

Mondeo Hatchback 1.5 TDCi Econetic Titanium [X Pack] Adaptive cruise control with collision mitigation, Rear view camera Metallic - Deep impact blue, Tow Bar :dang:

Previous: 2013 Citroen DS5, 2008 Mondeo 2.0TDCi Titanium X, 2003 Audi A4 1.9TDi, 1997 MGF VVC

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users