Sync2 updates in UK - Page 2 - Ford SYNC Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Sync2 updates in UK

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 hammie14

hammie14

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk5 Estate
  • Name:Rob

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:26 AM

Any official downloads about?

They are the official links just ford have not released them to the public

Those above are official but from India apparently. No official EU ones, unless you go to the dealership and pay.

They are the EU ones, the India website was just to confirm the language packs, ford release different packs for different counties in the EU, and the India website was used for reference

Mine is a 2014 November registered car, which I bought through Ford direct last September. It was serviced before I bought it. Not sure what difference the updates would make if any and if its worth the hassle?

Mine was an early 2015 Mondeo the update has made the radio more responsive, the voice commands work a little better but not always, the nav (if you have nav) has definitely improved its quicker and now says the right roads and does not seem to be confused like sometimes before, for iPhone uses it adds Siri hands free (do anything with Siri send a message read messages get directions all by talking to Siri iPhones only tho! And if your phone disconnects it will not auto reconnect!

#12 Tit X lover

Tit X lover

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus Titanium X
  • Name:Pete Dix

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:55 PM

Thanks for that. I don't use an I phone so wouldn't make any difference to me, but the nav improvements are interesting. Is there any chance the warranty would be void if used, even if "official"?

#13 Tit X lover

Tit X lover

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 01:29 PM

Have just had a check on my car and I noted in the earlier post the nav should be f4. Mine is f2. I bought the car in September 15 and is a face lifted November 14 focus. Should my nav be at f4, if so will the dealership update it?

#14 Tit X lover

Tit X lover

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:34 PM

e mailed the dealership and didn't get a reply?

#15 HighlanderUK

HighlanderUK

Likes to chat

• Gold Member
  • 322 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus 2015 ST-3 TDCi
  • Name:Iain

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:54 PM

you will likely have to pay for the latest SD card for the car (f5 is the current just i think), that will not be a free upgrade, as Ford have to pay for the maps to go onto the SD card for the Nav systems.

can't remember the cost off the top of my head, but it should be around £80 - 100 and it needs to be paired with the cars system/serial number -- so if you see the £30 offers from eBay (other auction sites are available!), be aware, its not just a plug in play job.

2015 Focus ST-3 2.0L 185PS TDCi in Panther Black / Rear Cam / Door Prot. / Privacy / Prem. Audio
18" Rock Metallic Alloy Wheels with Bluefin Remap, Mountune HFI Hose & Pipercross PX1746.

Previous car -- 2012 Focus MK3 2.0L 163PS TDCI Ti X in Panther Black / DRL+Bi-Xenon / Privacy
                        18" 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels with Bluefin Remap & K&N57S-4000

#16 Tit X lover

Tit X lover

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:33 PM

Thanks.

#17 harlowrog

harlowrog

Big Megger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2.0 MK5 Titanium

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:07 PM

it needs to be paired with the cars system/serial number -- so if you see the £30 offers from eBay (other auction sites are available!), be aware, its not just a plug in play job.

I don't think this is correct about pairing, never been metioned anywhere else on any forum I've seen, Ford sent mine through the post to my house and I just put in my car myself, worked fine.
Mondeo Estate 2.0 Titanium X Pack

Ruby Red, Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Sony 12 Speaker Sat Nav, Rear Camera, Sun Roof, Active City Stop, Park Assist, Parking Sensors, Blind Spot Information System, Inflatable Rear Seat Belts, 19" Wheels, Full Sport Body Kit.

#18 Tit X lover

Tit X lover

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:19 AM

OK thanks for the reply. Seems a bit of a minefield for the non tech savvy person. I am not a technophobe by any stretch but it's hard to find definitive information and Ford themselves are not too forthcoming.

#19 ebarnesuk

ebarnesuk

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Fiesta ST
  • Name:Ellis

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:00 PM

Hi

I have downloaded the update as per instructions unzipped and placed in root of usb but car says file not found.

Can you please help further? Apologies - i'm quite IT minded but can't get this to work. Having no track names over bluetooth on 2014 fiesta i have just purchased is doing my head in!

#20 Dragunov

Dragunov

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK5 180HP

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:35 PM

3.08 or which one?

Ford Focus II Trend++ 1.6TDCi 109HP+; Aquarius Blue; Build Date: April 2005; RIP: June 2016;

Ford Mondeo V Titanium 2.0TDCi 150HP+; Panther Black; First Edition Pack; Build Date: February 2015;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users