Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Granada 2.9i Ghia

4K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  fasteddie 
#1 ·
I am looking at selling the mondy and replace it with a late K reg Granada 2.9i Ghia, this is the facelifted model just before the bugeye one came out. Does anyone know if this is likely to be the 12V or 24V version of the 2.9i engine. I assume the 2.9i in 24V form is reserved for the cosworth variant. So if its the 12V variant what kind of BHP and Torque does it produce and will it feel quicker than my 2.0 mondy.

#3 ·
probably will be the old push rod V6 as found in earlier granadas. Sound great if anything. If its the 24v one it should say on the back somewhere, but as you say, its probably a cossie version only that lump.

#4 ·
Found a review. It sounds like its gonna be the 12v which is 148BHP. Here

#5 ·
my girlfriends dad has a granada 2.8I ghia X (1985 reg)

my dad had the h reg one too. they are nice! not sure on specs though but the 2.8I tows a tonne or twos worth of caravan, full boot and 5 people easily at 70. so not too shabby!!!

#9 ·
I had a 1988 2.0 litre Ghia auto, 18 mpg around town, 40 mpg on a run, handled like a wet turd. Rear wheel drive, back end swung out at every chance, predictable and handleable fun but not quick progress. I'm not one for changing cars often, I usually keep them for 5 years or more, but I only had the granny for 6 months. The brother-in-law had slightly a newer scorpio at the same time, 2.9 24v, which was better on juice and handled better.
P.s, I had mine checked out at Motortune cos I thought there was something wrong at 18 mpg but it was all as it should be.

#12 ·
the mondy would be better with rear wheel drive but then its the extra weight thats the issue but on a good side drive shafts wouldnt be as much of a priblem as they can be sometimes on from nt wheel drive cars, cv joints failing etc

#16 ·
Also available in 4x4 - My old ST200 eating Granny is sorely missed since some tosser pulled out in front of her.Cossie engine was bullit proof,and you could side step the clutch at 5000 rpm and wipe the smile off anyones face with its damm fine 4wd pull aways.Down side was economy however at 15 mpg if you were giving it a right good thrashing,28 on a run under 70 mph wasnt bad though.Not sure if the picture will come out as i am pretty crap at pasting links e.t.c.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.