Are the LED adaptive headlights supposed to be so bright ? - Page 8 - Security / Safety (Mk5 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Are the LED adaptive headlights supposed to be so bright ?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#71 st driver

st driver

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:03 PM

Annoyingly, I have just bought mine and keep getting flashed when in LHT.

64 Plate 2.0 (180bhp) Manual, diesel. Ruby Red titanium X Wagon. 112,000 miles.

#72 fordy1

fordy1

Big Megger

• Gold Member
  • 586 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2021 Mk5 StLine
  • Name:Brian

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:57 PM

Hi st driver.

We all had that so it is important to have them adjusted

correctly while on the LHT selection. You will also get more

from your dipped lights in regards to road coverage.

Titanium+, 2.0 Lt.,150 bhp, Frozen White,

Partial leather, 6 speed manual,

Auto park assist, Privacy glass.

Titaniumx pack, (Irl version: Led lights

Electric hatch), Full spare,

#73 st driver

st driver

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:06 PM

Yeah I shall pop into Ford at some point.

#74 COAKS

COAKS

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Simon

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:07 PM

If you are in the UK the setting should be "left hand traffic" as in the traffic drives on the left and when on the continent you should chug to " right hand traffic" as in traffic travels on the right when doing this it lowers the aim of the beam it does not change the direction of the "kick" of the beam.

#75 st driver

st driver

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

Yeah I understand all that. Seems some Ford dealers don't from what I've read here. Anyway, when I picked my car up setting was in RHT, previously a Ford management car. I set it to LHT after reading here and was flashed a lot this morning. I'm not holding out much hope with my local dealer as they have in the past been pretty useless. Unfortunately, the much better local dealer has now closed down. Will see what happens anyway.

#76 gregs24

gregs24

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mustang

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:21 PM

Yeah I understand all that. Seems some Ford dealers don't from what I've read here. Anyway, when I picked my car up setting was in RHT, previously a Ford management car. I set it to LHT after reading here and was flashed a lot this morning. I'm not holding out much hope with my local dealer as they have in the past been pretty useless. Unfortunately, the much better local dealer has now closed down. Will see what happens anyway.

The early cars such as mine were set to RHT and lights statically adjusted in this setting - this means they will be wrong in LHT unless you get them re-aligned. It really is DIYable with a white garage door and level surface - just a single allen key / screwdriver to adjust each side. If you go to the dealer set it to LHT and ask them to check the beam alignment - don't let them change it back to RHT

#77 Mav281

Mav281

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Hybrid

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:25 PM

@ Woz099, Gregs24 - I understand your comments and reservations and I dont disagree with anything you are saying, but having sat with my Ford dealer and spoken to Ford technical directly with the dealer as well the RHT option is apparently the correct one for UK setups.

I still have my reservations, but my lights (set in RHT mode) seem to be much more effective now that they have been aligned properly. Plenty of light on the road ahead, lights up the verge on the left hand side but no-one coming the opposite direction is getting blinded - I've not been flashed once since they've been adjusted.

Still not sure what the correct setting is but as Gregs24 says if you are not travelling outside of the UK, then you should be able to get away with setting them left or right and adjusting them yourself against a garage door - of course MOT test time will come round eventually and it will be interesting to see what happens then!

#78 woz099

woz099

Megger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:37 PM

I have to say, I (as stated above) am convinced LHT is the correct setting. Having turned a Ford service manager inside out before when I asked him to explain what a 'Newton Metre' was I have no confidence they know. There has been various opinions on here and the jury remains unconvinced; some think LHT others RHT.

Odd though, those choosing RHT have to have lights adjusted; I have LHT set, haven't had anything adjusted and I have never been flashed! Oh, and I can see the road perfectly in all conditions when lights are on!

Mk5 Titanium X,  2.0 TDCI (180) +
Parking Assist Front/Rear Camera,
Keyless Entry,
Sports Suspension.

#79 Mav281

Mav281

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:07 PM

Wouldn't have mattered which way I went mine would have needed adjusting no matter what. Setting mine to LHT before it went into the garage blinded every driver coming towards me - was getting flashed 3 or 4 times on a 12 min journey from station to home.

Clearly a configuration issue and a lot seems to be dependant on when your car was built.

I agree with you Woz that dealers usually can't tell their a*** from their elbow, but I would like to think that Ford technical have a bit more of a handle on situations such as these especially when they say they have had several calls about this particular issue which is what the chap said to me and my local dealer when we called.

Not sure we can get a straight answer on this one so it may well be a case of everyone dealing with it themselves to their own satisfaction. It's an easy adjustment with a screwdriver or Allen key whatever the case.

#80 yessuz

yessuz

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Name:Simonas

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:38 AM

Amm, I was on the phone with Ford support as well. They told me LHT is the right setting. You were receiving flashes on LHT, because LHT was too high. When lht is set correctly, switching to RHT lowers the beam in order not to blind oncoming traffic in continent. When you drive with right hight @ rht, your beam is too high for lht. That's my understanding

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users