wiring plug in engine compartment? - Electrical (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

wiring plug in engine compartment?

plug

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 malmeida14

malmeida14

Little Megger

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK4 2.5T SW

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:29 PM

In advance sorry for my bad english.

I have just notice that I have a wiring plug disconnected in the engine compartment in my 1995 Mondeo 1.8TD.

I have tried to find a place to plug and nothing. I have gone to the Haynes Repair Manual it could be to the "fuel heater multi plug" (page 2.12), but my car doesn't have the fuel heater. 

I tried to find in the forum a similar situation and found a lot of unplugged wires, but not the one that I have.

It can be disconnected since the car was new, because only found it because I have a speedo problem and I was trying to find the vehicle speed sensor cable. I still don't know were the speed sensor is, according to haynes manual it appears to be in a region under the battery, but I read posts saying over the gear box (seems more logical), but I didn't find images.

Photos of the plug

Attached Thumbnails

• mondeo_18TD_01.jpg
  • mondeo_18TD_02.jpg
  • mondeo_18TD_03.jpg

#2 davidcie

davidcie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

Will double check but from memory this is indeed for the fuel heater. From your pics it seems it has been removed as it is a frequent source of air leaks into the fuel pump. Many also claim it serves little purpose and does not contribute much to easier engine starts even in cold climates, so you need not be worried.

(From my experience, it's a lot more important to have decent glow plug wiring and battery than it is to have a fuel heater. Recently started in -20°C without any problems, and I removed my heater several years ago.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users