Ford S-Max ST (2006) - Car Diaries - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Ford S-Max ST (2006)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Morbidos

Morbidos

I would rather push a Ford than drive a VW

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 1135 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:18 AM

Car: Ford S-Max ST (2006)

Short Description: 06 model 2,5T petrol

My Garage Link: View Vehicle

"06 S-Max ST 2,5T "Panther Black" S-Max Diray

"02 Mondeo Mk3 2L Estate"Panther Black"Mk3 Diary *Sold*
"94 Mondeo MK1 2L Estate"Ash Black"Mk1 Diary *Sold*

#2 Morbidos

Morbidos

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 1135 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:24 PM

Picked it up yesterday drove it cross norway and on holiday today so about 1000 km....turns out the flywheel needs changing...thank god I have one year warranty on engine, drivetrain and calipers...

#3 Morbidos

Morbidos

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 1135 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:48 AM

The dealership i bought it from (wich is located on the other side of Norway) stated that they had done a service on the car the day before I bought it, 2 days ago the pads on the front brakes wore off, steel on steel...so I started to question the service and took the car to my job where we have a car lift, got it up into the air and did the complete checkup one does on a service (being a Ford mech for 4 years back when this car was new) took me no more than 2 minutes to figure out that the dealership has not serviced the car, here's the complete list of errors a trained mech would find:

- Front brakes, outer pads stuck, inner pads worn out

- trailing arm bushes in rear suspension, rubber has let go of steel center over 90% on both sides of bushing, on both rear wheels.

- Cooling liquid leakage, hose for heatersystem from cylinderhead, improper mounting, result; leaks and sediment buildup.

- DMF, rattles.

- Cam box breather pipe, broken in 3 places

- Exhaust mount, rusted off above rear suspension.

- Oil drain plug, not tightened enough, sweating/leakage

- front and rear wiper blades, worn out.

-Tyre sealant, 5 years past expiration date

- Center console box lid, lock broken, and screws for lid missing.

- Roof lining, center mounting in front of glass roof has come of, to compansate for rattle someone has showed a new 20 pack of marlboro between lining and mount.

- Power steering, noise from pump, fluid container strainer need to be upgradet to new type.

- AC/heater system, smells like wet dog, needs filter change an a rinse.

- gear leaver leather grommet, punctured.

so I called the dealership and asked, and was mortified by they're answer(they know I used to be a mech on fords); "one does not check the car on a service, that's whats done on an MOT, on a service one changes oil and oil filter"

Almost blew a gasket... so I told them to walk across the street to the Ford dealership right next to them and ask them what a service includes and if they still felt like arguing with me about it then we would talk.

They agreed to pay for new part for the brakes and I'd change it my self, but they had to call me back once they had checked how much that would cost them and call me back before end of working day yesterday... still haven't heard from them regarding this, email them this morning that from now on I would keep the communication in writing as to avoid any confusion, go a reply that this case had been handed over to theyre refund department, who only communicate through letters... 

Looks like I might have to cancel the whole deal and they can keep the car unless they cough up a good deal on repairs... luckily my warranty papers say "We confirm that at the time of signing this car has been checked and is error free"

yey used car dealers!! 

#4 Morbidos

Morbidos

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 1135 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:39 PM

After vigorous emailing back and fourth with them trying to get out of fixing my car they finally gave in and are going to fix all errors... had to threaten them with canceling the deal (I love Norwegian laws sometimes...) and reporting them to the government wich would most likely lead to them loosing the right to repair cars, after some googleing it turns out that there are numerous other people that have been ripped off by the same company so my case would have been pretty strong in court to..but hey...no need for that now

#5 footfistart

footfistart

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo TXS
  • Name:Ryan

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:48 PM

Oh no I've been there with my TXS. I don't think Ford like me anymore. It was mainly the body shop Dodgers but most is well. They wouldn't replace my wing mirror so need to get one. Just cosmetic damage but still. I msnsged to get just over 2.5k out of them for parts and Labour... I threatened legal action and a bad post on Facebook and its amazing what you can get out of them.

So what are your plans? RS engine OEM upgrades? I like those smaxs. Could turn that into a proper sleeper :)

#6 Morbidos

Morbidos

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 1135 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:55 PM

Being an x Ford mech helps when it comes to dodgy fords, but in the end I'm actually happy I bought exactly this car, most of the faults are common on these cars and if I'd bought one that was ok right now I'd probably end up fixing the same errors just on my cost...
The car is in the workshop now and they are sourcing the bits and bobs needed...
As for future plans idk really... It has the bluefins chip in it so its at 270 bhp right now...dump valve kit on the way in the mail right now...

#7 Morbidos

Morbidos

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 1135 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:59 AM

Just got it back a few days ago... all good now:) 

Just have to finish my house and then I'll start modding:) 

#8 Morbidos

Morbidos

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 1135 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:28 AM

Washed it today and gave it a quick wax job... needs a bit more work but it's getting there...old owner have put plasti dip(sh1t) on rims and grill and it just looks horrible so good to see that's on the way off...

Attached Thumbnails

• 1436948515703.jpg
  • 1436948564827.jpg
  • 1436948595178.jpg
  • 1436948626143.jpg
  • 1436948712963.jpg
  • 1436948743875.jpg
  • 1436948782112.jpg
  • 1436948805977.jpg

#9 footfistart

footfistart

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo TXS
  • Name:Ryan

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:08 PM

Looks good. For wax you should use something called fusso soft99 dark. Has the ability to hide swirls for a long period of time. Every single mark shows on black and this will definitely help you.

What you going to be doing with the plastidip stuff. Strip and go back to OEM of or spraying?

#10 Morbidos

Morbidos

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 1135 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

I'm using black turtle wax at the moment, pretty happy with that but I'm always looking for alternatives... don't know if we have the one you mentioned in Norway but I'll look for it... the plastidip crap is coming off...I don't care for black rims on a black car...IMO it looks like the car is missing something...I'll have to see when I get everything off what I do...if the rims are damaged I'll might go for refurb but that's not a rush...first thing is the third row of seats and a tow hitch then I need to sort out a slight hesitation in the engine around 3k rpm...probably a coil or something... oh and I need to change the timing belt to... that's due in about 20 k...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users