Frozen door lock - Page 3 - Security / Safety (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Frozen door lock

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Andyrad29

Andyrad29

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 mondeo Titanium
  • Name:Andrew Radford

Posted 15 January 2021 - 10:54 AM

Sorry for dragging up this old thread but my 2011 mk4 has been a pain this morning with this very issue due to the cold weather, was minus 3 this morning and firstly i couldn't get the door unlocked so had to get in the passenger side then it wouldnt open from the inside, finally got it to open by locking and unlocking loads of times but then it wouldnt shut! just kept bouncing back open.

how easy is it to take the lock out and clean it all out and is WD40 the best option? want it to last so i only have to do it once

very poor design fault i think by Ford

#22 TreborB

TreborB

8 gears or more please

• Members
  • 5263 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 320i M Sport
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:42 AM

Hi Andrew, welcome to the forum

I think there is a thread somewhere on this site that details stripping door locks but I can't find it, sorry

Try You Tube, and search for Mondeo MK4 Door Locks, here are some examples, but I have not watched them

https://www.youtube....r lock removal

BMW 320i M Sport 2019 Mineral Grey, Steptronic 8 speed ZF Auto

( Sorry but NO 2.3 Ecoboost 8 Speed Auto Mondeo's to be found!)

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

2007 - 2010, 4 New Focus ST225s

#23 charaso

charaso

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo Mk4
  • Name:Matus

Posted 19 January 2021 - 08:57 AM

Hi

had this problem and this could help:

-bouncing door: apply WD40 to the latch. I had to open door, moved latch with finger or screwdriver when door was open, apply wd40 and then push the handle (latch close as it does when you opening door). Door is opened all the time.

-door open with outside handle but when closed, you cant open doors with inside handle. This is frustrating problem, usually window is frozen too and you end riding arround and defrosting whole car...solution: apply wd40 to the KEYHOLE! then try open door manualy with key (carefully, dont rotate it hard, you could break inside mechanism or key itself). I tried insert key just a little a then spray wd40 to the hole, lots of it. Then slide key inside-out several times, the carefully tried rotate key. Had to do tjis 3 times during the day...This morning, -8 degrees, door opened on first try.

-also applyed silicone oil (wd40) to the rubber door sealings (all doors) to prevent freezing doors to the body. When -15, door opened without any problem.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users