wrong fuse box diagram for my interior fuse box 57 focus - Electrical (Mk2 Focus) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

wrong fuse box diagram for my interior fuse box 57 focus

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 liam2710

liam2710

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:focus tdci style

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:56 PM

the fuse box in my manual is completly diffrent to the one i actually have in my car the reverse light is working i changed the bulb and it still didnt work it breifly come on when i wiggled the gear stick abit but whent out and never came on i need the fuse number for the reverse light to see if the fuse is blown

this is the one i have

fusebox.jpg

#2 Matthen

Matthen

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Fiesta

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:29 AM

the fuse box in my manual is completly diffrent to the one i actually have in my car the reverse light is working i changed the bulb and it still didnt work it breifly come on when i wiggled the gear stick abit but whent out and never came on i need the fuse number for the reverse light to see if the fuse is blown

this is the one i have

attachicon.giffusebox.jpg

Haynes manual says its fuse F141 - top of the far right column of 3 fuses. Can't see it on that picture.

Should be a 10A above 2 15A fuses

Edited by Matthen, 07 January 2015 - 10:30 AM.

#3 liam2710

liam2710

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:focus tdci style

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:39 PM

this is the one i have

attachicon.giffusebox.jpg

Haynes manual says its fuse F141 - top of the far right column of 3 fuses. Can't see it on that picture.

Should be a 10A above 2 15A fuses

ye that was the right one but it still isnt working the only other thing i can think of it being is the actual switch which i think is normally under the air filter at least it is on 2006 im not sure about the 57 plate though and i dont realy want to start wasting my time taking parts out i dont need to to get to the switch dont suppose you know by any chance

#4 Matthen

Matthen

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:34 PM

Haynes book says under the airfilter assembly on the gear box. Not looked myself.

#5 RB2004

RB2004

Click4 - What will you Click4 today?

• Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

Haynes manual is useless for anything newer than 57 plate for things like electrical, air intake system.

Ford had a 2.1 version of the mk2 which came before the mk2.5.

It was a mk2 body and interior with mk2.5 electrics and powertrain.

Basically an intermediate version to test everything prior to the facelift itself.

It's why the instrument cluster and stereo changed from green to red like facelift.

For the most part though haynes mostly only covers pre facelift, there are some facelift bits but only bits written after the facelift... Anything already written wasn't rewritten in light of the facelift.

#6 Matthen

Matthen

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

Haynes manual is useless for anything newer than 57 plate for things like electrical, air intake system.

Ford had a 2.1 version of the mk2 which came before the mk2.5.

It was a mk2 body and interior with mk2.5 electrics and powertrain.

Basically an intermediate version to test everything prior to the facelift itself.

It's why the instrument cluster and stereo changed from green to red like facelift.

For the most part though haynes mostly only covers pre facelift, there are some facelift bits but only bits written after the facelift... Anything already written wasn't rewritten in light of the facelift.

That'd be why the fuse box diagram in it is completely wrong for my 2006 car, but acceptable for the OPs. I can't imagine the reverse light switch is anywhere other than on the gearbox though.

Edited by Matthen, 08 January 2015 - 04:51 PM.

#7 RB2004

RB2004

Click4 - What will you Click4 today?

• Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

They are on the gearbox but ford moved them around.

I have a 2.0 tdci, my reversing switch is on the selector mechanism but mounted sideways... But I've been to other 2.0 tdci engines from earlier vehicles where it's mounted vertically instead.

#8 essigrmofo

essigrmofo

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:05 1.6 TDCi C-Max
  • Name:Steve

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:29 AM

Hi, I have a 1.6 C-Max, the current fusebox is as pictured above but it originally had an earlier one. It was changed because I was led to believe that the body control module was faulty. A brand new sealed replacement was installed and programmed however a diagnostic reading showed that there is no coding. The initial problem was that all the instrument lights bar one (airbag) went out suddenly, and the new bcm/fusebox has not cured this so it is likely that the cluster will have to be repaired.  Is it possible to reinstate the initial bcm/fusebox, as it would have retained it's original coding?

#9 essigrmofo

essigrmofo

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:05 1.6 TDCi C-Max
  • Name:Steve

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:14 PM

I went ahead and reinstalled the original bcm/fusebox, Haynes manual says that if a new one is fitted then it must be coded to the car but since this is the original one then I can assume it will retain it's coding. It all seems to work (apart from the instrument lights....but I might have a look at that too) it even starts!

I'll get it diagnostic tested and report back.

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users