150 bhp Tdci versus 180 bhp Tdci - Page 3 - Diesel Engines (Mk5 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

150 bhp Tdci versus 180 bhp Tdci

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 mrk26

mrk26

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk4 Zetec

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:50 PM

I am thinking : is it not an issue of diffirent injectors, too?

And by 'diffirent' I mean more 'flow'

No is all exactly the same in 150 bhp engine and 180 bhp ;)

<p>Few upgrades: Facelift convers+ with custom FW, HLA, ACC with Forward Collision Alert, BT/VC with USB, Auto lock, FW updates, Auto lights + wipers, sat nav Blaupunkt FX, Genuine PDC front and rear to get visualisation on Convers + :D

#22 Dragunov

Dragunov

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK5 180HP

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:52 PM

Who has the holy grail to enable it on the PCM?

Ford Focus II Trend++ 1.6TDCi 109HP+; Aquarius Blue; Build Date: April 2005; RIP: June 2016;

Ford Mondeo V Titanium 2.0TDCi 150HP+; Panther Black; First Edition Pack; Build Date: February 2015;

#23 chriscatt

chriscatt

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 5364 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:A4 & 2018 Fiesta

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:06 PM

I doubt if it's that simple, as others have alluded too you'll need the map from a 180ps engine. So really you are better off having a remap as it'll give better torque, which is far more important than power.
Hence the saying, torque gets you there more quickly, power keeps you there..
2017 Fiesta Titanium X
5-Door
1.0L 100ps Ecoboost
Ruby Red
Panoramic Roof
Active Park Assist

#24 Dragunov

Dragunov

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:00 PM

The map is already present.

The PCM has both maps (150HP and 180HP), same with the 1.5 and 1.6 Ecoboost engines.

U need to change the car configuration and initialize the PCM again, so the PCM gets a full reset and reads the car configuration again...

Mondeo mk4/smax/galaxy uses the same method aswell!

Then u can remap the 180HP, which is now enabled on the PCM and it gives u the full potential of the engine!

Edited by Dragunov, 22 August 2016 - 08:01 PM.

Ford Focus II Trend++ 1.6TDCi 109HP+; Aquarius Blue; Build Date: April 2005; RIP: June 2016;

Ford Mondeo V Titanium 2.0TDCi 150HP+; Panther Black; First Edition Pack; Build Date: February 2015;

#25 mrk26

mrk26

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:06 PM

Is not really reset, you need to program PCM so it will use a different map, you not really change all configuration but base on configuration you have to program PCM so it will use different map. Is not a secret, that was mentioned several times in past, to confirm I just done recently Mondeo mk4 face lift 2.0 tdci 2013, was 140bhp now is 163 bhp, pulls better from bottom and it does fill more responsive ;)

But the age of elm 327 is on way out, you will need a bit more expensive tool to get that done, and a little bit of knowledge :) as never car is it get more and more difficult but that doesn't mean impossible :P

<p>Few upgrades: Facelift convers+ with custom FW, HLA, ACC with Forward Collision Alert, BT/VC with USB, Auto lock, FW updates, Auto lights + wipers, sat nav Blaupunkt FX, Genuine PDC front and rear to get visualisation on Convers + :D

#26 chriscatt

chriscatt

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 5364 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:04 AM

As I stated, cheaper, easier, better to have it remapped. A bluefin at £332 will do the job nicely and give 470Nm of torque...
2017 Fiesta Titanium X
5-Door
1.0L 100ps Ecoboost
Ruby Red
Panoramic Roof
Active Park Assist

#27 mrk26

mrk26

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:30 PM

As I stated, cheaper, easier, better to have it remapped. A bluefin at £332 will do the job nicely and give 470Nm of torque...

Cheaper than what? Better than what, a remap? That is genuine ford map so it is adjusted for that engine.
Of course if that is not enough you can remap for more power with extra cost as well, but 180 bhp on genuine settings is not bad I will say ;-), and is cheaper than remap, fortunately :-P

Edited by mrk26, 24 August 2016 - 12:35 PM.

#28 chriscatt

chriscatt

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 5364 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:39 PM

The question is how do you get hold of a genuine 180 map? This will be beyond the ability of the majority of owners, thus the simpliest way to go is a remap which will give you a far better experience than the standard torque will ever give.
Have you ever tried a remap by the way, I have on three of my cars, two being fords, and it totally transforms them turning a diesel engine almost petrol like in it's response...
I am sure you understand that a engine's performance is not dictated by power, as the saying goes, torque gets you there quicker, power just keeps you there...

Edited by chriscatt, 24 August 2016 - 05:44 PM.

2017 Fiesta Titanium X
5-Door
1.0L 100ps Ecoboost
Ruby Red
Panoramic Roof
Active Park Assist

#29 Dragunov

Dragunov

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:48 PM

Cause it's already in the firmware but not active.

I know some people who have the possibility to change the maps on the engines...

They already changed the Ecoboost maps from 150HP to 180HP and they say they can activate the 180HP map on my 2.0TDCi aswell

#30 mrk26

mrk26

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:58 PM

The question is how do you get hold of a genuine 180 map? This will be beyond the ability of the majority of owners, thus the simpliest way to go is a remap which will give you a far better experience than the standard torque will ever give.
Have you ever tried a remap by the way, I have on three of my cars, two being fords, and it totally transforms them turning a diesel engine almost petrol like in it's response...
I am sure you understand that a engine's performance is not dictated by power, as the saying goes, torque gets you there quicker, power just keeps you there...

Is already there, you just need to read a bit more careful, no ofense ;-)
I got possibility to do that as I mentioned earlier, but what I'm saying if someone don't want to remap and there is a possibility to upgrade in this example from 150bhp to 180bhp that is proper upgrade on genuine map and believe me or not you will fill that different on turbo diesel engine, where you don't have to worry if they adjust all parameters like on remap.
I already did operation like that on few face lift mondeo, I personally own mk4 pre facelift and unfortunately there is no that option on my engine so I have to do remap, so yes I know how is like drive car after remap :-D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users