Help Please. Ford S-Max Sat Nav Retrofit - Ford S-Max Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Help Please. Ford S-Max Sat Nav Retrofit

sat nav retrofit sat nav sony navigation retrofit nx

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nkrugel

nkrugel

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford S-Max
  • Name:Nino

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:46 AM

Hello all, i am rather new to this site and was wondering if anyone could shed some light and share some knowledge on this topic.

I have a ford S-Max Titanium 2011 modle which came with the Sony DAB radio with BT, USB and Iphone dock, how ever i wish to try and retrofit the Blaupunkt NX sat nav

I have attached files of the current head unit i have in my car and the unit i would like to upgrade to.

i would like to know if this will be a straight forward plug and play swap or if any additional part or wiring will be required.

i know that obviously i will need to get a new fascia mount and have IDS set to full Nav for it to show up in convers+

but i want to find out if i require any wiring or adapters or the external 6 disc CD unit.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• $T2eC16ZHJGwE9n)yUYq,BRS2SLJ,zw~~60_57.JPG
  • media (1).jpg

#2 nkrugel

nkrugel

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:16 AM

anybody have any idea here

#3 137699

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:S-Max 2.5T

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:46 AM

It should be the same quadlock connector on the back, but you may have issues with the NX unit unless it's brand new - they are coded to the car so may lock up when installed in another car.

You may also find the DETAC (climate) controls won't work on your car either unless the NX unit is from the same age car as there are subtle differences in the wiring from year to year.

You are much safer going for the FX unit which is a straight fit - and also has faster mapping than the DVD (non-SD card) version of the NX.

#4 nkrugel

nkrugel

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:49 PM

thanks for your response, the unit i have bought although not new comes with the code to unlock for car, or so i have been told as they are ex ford stock being sold.

as for the climate unit i have been given a unit for that as well but i read somewhere that if the climate control unit does not work you can still use the original one and just tuck it away in the console somewhere and then just use the unit to control the climate, is this not the case.

i had thought about the FX unit but since i have the NX i thought i would give it a go. If you have any other advice i would greatly appreciate it.

i have seen loads of people do it with a mondeo so cant believe there would be much difference doing it with an S-Max. Again any advice is always welcome

#5 137699

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:S-Max 2.5T

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:18 AM

as for the climate unit i have been given a unit for that as well but i read somewhere that if the climate control unit does not work you can still use the original one and just tuck it away in the console somewhere and then just use the unit to control the climate, is this not the case.

No not the case at all. The climate control unit in your car currently is a separate unit to the original radio. It has two connectors on the back of it (a black one & white one) and you will need to unplug and remove it to make way for the NX unit.

The lower portion of the NX unit has the same two connector slots and you will have to plug the wires into there for the NX to be able to control your climate.

i have seen loads of people do it with a mondeo so cant believe there would be much difference doing it with an S-Max. Again any advice is always welcome

Having tried to retro-fit a used NX unit to my s-max and failing (inability to control the DETAC/Climate system & odd button illumination issues) I can assure you it can be very difficult to retro fit to the S-max unless it's from the same CANBUS year.

#6 nkrugel

nkrugel

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

thank you so much for you feedback, saved me alot of money and head ache

#7 kurdsson

kurdsson

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:s-max 2011
  • Name:ali

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:45 PM

For me it works all features except that an extra connector does not fit nx . amp , subwoofer and front speakers do not work. have to get the cables on the quadlock

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sat nav retrofit, sat nav, sony, navigation, retrofit, nx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users