- Ford’s total vehicle sales in Europe increased by 14.4 percent in August, outpacing industry growth of 2 percent
- Ford’s European market share in August rose to 7.8 percent, up 0.8 percentage points versus a year ago; Ford’s year-to-date market share is 7.9 percent, up 0.1 percentage point
- Ford retail sales in Europe rose 35 percent compared with a year ago; retail share rose 2 percentage points to 8.5 per cent, the highest level since 2009
- Ford posted its highest commercial vehicle sales in Europe since 2008 for both August and year-to-date; best commercial vehicle share in 17 years
- Record monthly and year-to-date sales of Ford Kuga SUV
- More than half of Ford sales year-to-date are all-new or significantly freshened vehicles
- Ford’s new product push in Europe continues with the launch of new Focus and Mondeo later this year
Ford’s total vehicle market share rose by 0.8 percentage points to 7.8 percent in August and now totals 7.9 percent for the first eight months of the year.
Ford’s retail sales in its five largest European markets rose 35 percent, boosting Ford’s retail share by 2 percentage points to 8.5 percent in August and to 8.3 percent in the first eight months of the year, the highest levels for both periods since 2009.
Ford’s combined retail and fleet sales were at 81 percent of its total sales in August, up 3 percent from August last year and 7 percent above industry average.
“Our fresh, expanded vehicle line-up is helping us grow our sales, including in key sales channels such as retail sales to private customers and commercial vehicles,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe. “With the new Focus coming out soon and the new Mondeo coming later this year, our product portfolio is only gaining strength.”
Ford of Europe has sold 763,000 vehicles* in total so far this year, more than half of which are new or significantly refreshed since the beginning of last year.
Ford’s European commercial vehicle sales rose 15.7 percent in August and 12.7 per cent year-to-date. Ford’s commercial vehicle market share rose 1.2 percentage points to 12.3 percent in August and 0.6 percentage points to 10.8 percent year-to-date – the highest for both periods in 17 years. Transit remained the top-selling nameplate in the combined one- and two-tonne commercial vehicle segment in Europe.*
The Ford Kuga sports utility vehicle saw record sales for both the month of August and year-to-date since launch of the first generation model in 2008. Ford Fiesta and Focus sales were the highest since 2011. Sales of the Transit Custom were up 143 percent year-to-date.
Download Full Sales Release (PDF)
Click here to view the news