Mondeo Mk4 Titanium X 2.5T - Page 22 - Car Diaries - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Mondeo Mk4 Titanium X 2.5T

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#211 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1155 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo 2.5t
  • Name:Mark

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:07 AM

I asked if they can tell me what the boost level should be for this map and possibly what the power/torque figures should be.

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Bluetooth + USB mod   -   Convers Mod   -   NX Mod

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams

295bhp & 450nm of fun, but can still give 38mpg  :driving: 

#212 KAZUYADOG

KAZUYADOG

I'm Bang Tidy

• Members
  • 9497 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MONDEO 2.5T TIT X
  • Name:Mick

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:59 AM

Fitted a new Boost Solenoid the other day after fitting the new Forge Recirculation Valve (last week) i was getting full boost and then only half boost,happened erratically,i was checking Boost using the Torque pro app.

I did have a go yesterday and got as far as removing the pipe which fits on the metal nozzle,it would not budge so i sprayed WD on all the pipe connections and left it overnite,also i read quite a few members had the same problem and used varying methods to remove it,i had a flatblade screwdriver that i had ground a slot into the centre so the end was like a U shape and i found that this was great at levering the pipe off the nozzles.

I did it from the wheel arch with wheel removed laid on the floor with the car jacked up and supported,took me less than an hour.

Have not driven the car yet so dont know if the erratic boosting has gone.

Car is boosting correctly now.

Just out of interest, what is the correct boost level for the stage 2 Bluefin?

I've emailed them but not had any response as yet.

Well I finally got a response from Superchips/Bluefin.

"

I'd expect peak boost to be somewhere around 15 - 16psi or 1.0 - 1.1 bar. The issues with these cars was always getting enough fuel to the engine to run the higher boost pressures but you may find it harder to diagnose a boost deviation / boost leak issue without a proper Ford OBD tool that can give you the ECU's target boost value as well as a live reading of the manifold pressure.

Typically the boost curve would be of a similar shape to the torque curve. It will peak relatively early then slowly tail off. At really high RPM (5500rpm or more) it will drop off quite dramatically towards the rev limiter.  "

Not exactly the most detailed of responses IMO but at least it gives me something to work with

Mark you could always cross reference by asking a similar question of Jason at JWR,they did an extreme amount of testing on the Mondeo 2.5T,i wonder how they overcame the fuel shortage for the Stage 3 tune of theirs.

MY ST220 ON THE DYNO AT DREAMSCIENCE DREAMSCIENCE DYNO WITH POWER OUPUT

2006 Final Facelift ST220 in Stardust Silver - Owner is a Fan Boy.
Now with its very first MOT.Second MOT passed today 6-July-2010.
19" Arden Sportline Alloys (German Jaguar) - 20" MS Design Alloys (For Shows)
This BOY - Is pure Chaka Chaka and Bang Tidy.
Dreamscience 251 bhp 215 lbf.ft - Bluefin Stg Two 241 bhp 211 lbf.ft

#213 KAZUYADOG

KAZUYADOG

I'm Bang Tidy

• Members
  • 9497 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:07 AM

POPULAR

Been putting doing this job off for sometime,its the Sunroof drain tube in the passenger side,any way it was obvious that the drain tube one way valve had become completely blocked,so decided to do the unblocking procedure.

Remove gloovebox and you are presented with a miriad of of wires and connecting blocks (unlike the drivers side).

Where do i start cutting the sound proofing material to expose the drain tube end. <_<

To save anyone else wondering it is behind the largest wiring terminal connecting block,it is the white plastic one,to remove it,just pull it towards you it will come away from its locating pegs,then you can cut a an X shape access hole to get at the drain tube.Take the bulkhead fitting off the tube end and wash it,then all you need to do is drill the tube with a 5mm drill,be ready for some mucky water coming out,job done refit everything in reverse order.

Attached Thumbnails

• MONDEO SUNROOF WATER TUBE LOCATION BEHIND GLOOVE BOX..jpg

• TreborB likes this

#214 dutchguy

dutchguy

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo mk4 2.5t
  • Name:Lars

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:45 AM

Ford changed the design of the water hose-exit at a later stage.

They removed the white on-way-valve completely (obviously they block-up completely) and replace it with a 90 degree rubber part wich pops in the bulkhead hole. This rubber piece is slightly pinched to sort of block air/water from going the wrong way. The result is dat when you flush the drain from the roof-side, it always clears properly.

Same goes for the back drains.

I had similar problems on all 4 drains and found out they already messed with it in the past (extra hose couplings).

So i replaced the mess for a revised drain.

#215 dutchguy

dutchguy

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo mk4 2.5t
  • Name:Lars

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:49 AM

Fitted a new Boost Solenoid the other day after fitting the new Forge Recirculation Valve (last week) i was getting full boost and then only half boost,happened erratically,i was checking Boost using the Torque pro app.

I did have a go yesterday and got as far as removing the pipe which fits on the metal nozzle,it would not budge so i sprayed WD on all the pipe connections and left it overnite,also i read quite a few members had the same problem and used varying methods to remove it,i had a flatblade screwdriver that i had ground a slot into the centre so the end was like a U shape and i found that this was great at levering the pipe off the nozzles.

I did it from the wheel arch with wheel removed laid on the floor with the car jacked up and supported,took me less than an hour.

Have not driven the car yet so dont know if the erratic boosting has gone.

Car is boosting correctly now.

Just out of interest, what is the correct boost level for the stage 2 Bluefin?

I've emailed them but not had any response as yet.

Well I finally got a response from Superchips/Bluefin.

"

I'd expect peak boost to be somewhere around 15 - 16psi or 1.0 - 1.1 bar. The issues with these cars was always getting enough fuel to the engine to run the higher boost pressures but you may find it harder to diagnose a boost deviation / boost leak issue without a proper Ford OBD tool that can give you the ECU's target boost value as well as a live reading of the manifold pressure.

Typically the boost curve would be of a similar shape to the torque curve. It will peak relatively early then slowly tail off. At really high RPM (5500rpm or more) it will drop off quite dramatically towards the rev limiter.  "

Not exactly the most detailed of responses IMO but at least it gives me something to work with

Mark you could always cross reference by asking a similar question of Jason at JWR,they did an extreme amount of testing on the Mondeo 2.5T,i wonder how they overcame the fuel shortage for the Stage 3 tune of theirs.

They probably changed the fuel pump mappings wich i mentioned earlyer.

The fuel pressure is related to the injector timing and not the manifold pressure.

together with the low base-pressure (3bar in comparison to the st/rs 4bar) there is not enough differential pressure between fuel and manifold when you put your foot down.

Perhaps they changed the base-pressure to 4bar? Or changed the mechanism to follow manifold/turbo pressure properly.

#216 KAZUYADOG

KAZUYADOG

I'm Bang Tidy

• Members
  • 9497 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:12 AM

New wiper blades fitted,purchased from here https://www.ebay.co....ZJd1s:rk:1:pf:1

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg

#217 KAZUYADOG

KAZUYADOG

I'm Bang Tidy

• Members
  • 9497 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:39 AM

Did i ever show you the Focus RS MK2 brakes that i fitted to the car

Fell lucky with the purchase of calipers and disc's from someone local to me and at a very good price.

Cleaned them up,i used the disc's and pads supplied.

One thing i had to do was get the braked hoses custom made up,the Focus RS ones are too long + i used a company https://brakequip.co.uk/

Cost me £85 for OEM quality hoses with the correct fittings at either end (RS has a banjo type caliper fitting with a pin).

Also did the rear disc's and pads at the same time.

Detailed the whole lot (calipers and disc's in a special machinery enamel paint colour Postbox Red)

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190421_084153.jpg
  • 20190421_084213.jpg

#218 KAZUYADOG

KAZUYADOG

I'm Bang Tidy

• Members
  • 9497 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:17 PM

It has been a pleasure owning this car,it has given me very good service over the 6 years of ownership,never let me down,i would go as far to say it has been the best car i have owned

Fin.

My car has a new owner now,somewhere in Essex.

I p/x her at the end of April,i have a 2015 Mondeo now.

#219 j00ls

j00ls

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.5t Stage1
  • Name:Jools

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:34 PM

POPULAR

Thank you for an informative thread covering the modifications you performed on your 2.5t :L

• KAZUYADOG likes this

Mondeo 5 pot TitX - Stage 1 -> Vogtland suspension kit - black chrome powder coated alloys - Side profile de-chrome - EBC/Ford/Pagid/DoT5.1 brakes - SS cat-back exhaust, single concealed exit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users