RIP Mscotts (Andy Aikman). - Page 9 - Off-Topic - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

RIP Mscotts (Andy Aikman).

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 Twiggy27

Twiggy27

AKA The Twigg!

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 9331 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:The Mk4.5 Titty X

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:28 AM

Was going through some old santa pod pics and noticed the retro shows on this month on the 21st and it brought back the memories of andy and his bloody great big camera. I met him so many times. He helped me so many times and is really missed on this forum and as a friend. Still know he would have been part of this club and would still have the 200ltd looking great. Been a while bud. Always missed never forgotten.

Dan

" Dont Argue with Idiots. They Drag you down to their level and then Beat you with their expertise! "

Hers.. Modified mk3 facelift Mondeo ZS hatch tdci.
His.. Mk 4 facelift Titanium X hatch
Gone.. Mk4 mondeo Ghia saloon

" You cant buy happiness but you can buy a mondeo and that's near enough "

#82 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 12778 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:47 PM

END OF AN ERA
Since the early days of ths thread I have had an RIP MSCOTTS decal on the rear window of my diesel mondeo that was very kindly supplied by another poster here for no charge.
last June I bought an ST220 as my main car, and started to break the diesel Mondy a while after. The time has finally come that my diesel Mondy has to be scrapped and it's being collected on Monday.
It was a car I really liked and it went to several MEG/TalkFord events. I'm going to miss it even though I haven't driven it in quite a while. It's even still been getting a jet wash now and again to keep the bodywork looking nice and shiny.

So, come Monday it will be dumped the rear of a scrap yard lorry, and off it will go complete with the decal on the rear window.
I've thought a bit about whether I should remove the decal or not before the car is collected. I know it's only a sticker, but it's not like it's a car park pass or dealer sticker. What do any of you think?

Edited by raynkar, 12 June 2015 - 05:50 PM.

You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#83 PRC Ghost Rider

PRC Ghost Rider

The Mad Kiwi

• Members
  • 3849 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:JDM Mk3 Mondeo ST220
  • Name:Brick Top

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:12 AM

END OF AN ERA
Since the early days of ths thread I have had an RIP MSCOTTS decal on the rear window of my diesel mondeo that was very kindly supplied by another poster here for no charge.
last June I bought an ST220 as my main car, and started to break the diesel Mondy a while after. The time has finally come that my diesel Mondy has to be scrapped and it's being collected on Monday.
It was a car I really liked and it went to several MEG/TalkFord events. I'm going to miss it even though I haven't driven it in quite a while. It's even still been getting a jet wash now and again to keep the bodywork looking nice and shiny.

So, come Monday it will be dumped the rear of a scrap yard lorry, and off it will go complete with the decal on the rear window.
I've thought a bit about whether I should remove the decal or not before the car is collected. I know it's only a sticker, but it's not like it's a car park pass or dealer sticker. What do any of you think?

If you can find a way to scrape it off and reuse it that would be the best I reckon. Seems like a bit of an injustice to leave it on there in my opinion

Proud owner of a 2005 Mondeo ST220. Big upgrade from the tired old 1997 ST24, which went out in a blaze of glory fighting off Hondas and BMWs

If its got tits or tyres, it'll give you trouble......

Have you ever noticed? Anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a moron

#84 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 12778 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:31 AM

Seems like an injustice to leave it there for me too, but if I scape it off it will damage it beyond repair.
You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#85 Macmondy3L

Macmondy3L

TF regular

• Members
  • 1360 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:49 PM

Dilemma fella,I'd feel the same way and would sooner it be destroyed by your goodself rather than a stranger at the scrappy who's never heard of Andy!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users