Satc / Climate Control Blowing Hot - Air-Con / Heating (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Satc / Climate Control Blowing Hot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mbeak

mbeak

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Mark Atkinson

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

HI GUYS,

IVE BOUGHT A CHEAP RUNAROUND FOR A WHILE, A 2000 W REG MONDEO 2.5 V6 GHIA X, I KNEW THE CLIMATE WAS ONLY BLOWING HOT, DONE THE DIAGNOSTIC CHECK AND ITS COMING UP WITH fault code 24. ITS THE HEATER FLAP MOTOR CONTROLLER AT FAULT.

MY QUESTION IS WHERE IS IT, I ASSUME ITS BEHIND THE GLOVE BOX BUT WHERE, SEE A PIC BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT IS OR WHAT I HAVE TO REMOVE TO GET TO IT (SEE PIC I FOUND ON THE WEB). PLEASE HELP!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• flap2.jpg

#2 cozmium

cozmium

Always busy with something...

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondy Mk1 Ghia X 4x4

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

POPULAR

It's actually on the right hand side - you get to it from the driver's footwell. Sometimes it can be a white box or black. I can't remember how much of a contortionist you might have to be, but I hope you can be flexible :P
  • mbeak likes this

#3 mbeak

mbeak

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Mark Atkinson

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Thanks! I'll give that a whirl tomorrow when I can get the car in my garage.

#4 RebGershon

RebGershon

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:32 PM

Hi there, 

did you solve your heater problem and if yes what did you find to be the problem?

I have a W reg 2.5 Cougar. It has the same SATC system as the Mondeo mk2 with SATC. I can only get hot air from the system once the car has warmed up. I've followed the advice seen on this site about removing the flap controller in the drivers side footwell. I opened it up and checked the contents. Motor and cogs all running apparently ok. I've even tried a replacement SATC unit but no help. Like you I get the 24 error code and I've trawled through the pin point tests which seem to indicate the flap controller being at fault but I'm not convinced.

On startup the flap motor seems to turn to the cold setting (moves anti-clockwise) when temp set to low then when the engine temp rises I hear the motor/see the white controller pin that engages the flap move anti clockwise into the full heat position and no amount of alteration to the cabin temp will move that pin. The motor is turning clockwise and anticlockwise. I even tried turning the motor over to reverse the polarity but then nothing worked at all.

Perhaps there's a way of reseating the motor unit into a reset position as all I've done is, with the top cover removed, manually turn the flap anticlockwise so its in the cold position. Remove the centre cog and the flap pin of the motor box, replace the open motor box and screw into position. Replace the flap pin without rotation. Replace the centre cog and box cover. Reconnect c400 multiplug to motor. The potentiometer should report to the SATC unit that it's in the fully cold position if working correctly (I did clean all the grease off the carbon tracks and the metal comb-like piece that runs on it. Maybe the grease is an electrical one that helps make the contact better?).

Any help/advice appreciated as I can't use the car without frying alive!!

TIA,

Geoff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users