Ac Not Engaging? - Air-Con / Heating (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Ac Not Engaging?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Amadeus

Amadeus

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo 2.0 GLX
  • Name:Amadeus

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

I`m just asking that is there an temperature too cold that the AC won`t come on because I changed a new thermostat and a bit of coolant at the same time today. Eventually while waiting the car to heat up and to get the air out I started playing with the AC button and it didn`t do nothing. It didn`t put the fan on or lift the idling revs when I pressed the button, but atleast the light comes on in the button. :} On last years summer I refilled the system with new gas on work (750g) and it worked like a dream the whole summer, so atleast there should be gas and enough pressure for the magnetic switch to engage? Today I got off from the army for the weekend and started the car from -20 °C after two weeks of sitting in the parking lot and got home about four hours later with a new thermostat + O-ring. At the time I started wondering why the AC wouldn`t engage the air temperature was about -25 °C, so it`s pretty fu##ing cold in Finland right now. ::::

So anyone have any ideas of what`s going on... don`t say that I have a broken AC compressor or something else expensive?

Everything I say can be and must be used against me.

Mk1 Ford Mondeo 2.0 GLX Delta Project

Mk2 Ford Mondeo 2.0 GT STW ST-Line 

#2 stevieb12345

stevieb12345

MEG Admiral

• Global Moderator
  • 5649 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo TXS

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

The air con doesn't work at 4c or below.

#3 PRC Ghost Rider

PRC Ghost Rider

The Mad Kiwi

• Members
  • 3848 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:JDM Mk3 Mondeo ST220
  • Name:Brick Top

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

I really don't see why you'd want to turn on the air con below 4 degrees anyway. 25 below is fugging cold! Those heated seats and quick clear windscreen would be a godsend in the winter time I'd imagine

Proud owner of a 2005 Mondeo ST220. Big upgrade from the tired old 1997 ST24, which went out in a blaze of glory fighting off Hondas and BMWs

If its got tits or tyres, it'll give you trouble......

Have you ever noticed? Anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a moron

#4 Gary D

Gary D

MEG Admiral

• Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

POPULAR

I really don't see why you'd want to turn on the air con below 4 degrees anyway. 25 below is fugging cold! Those heated seats and quick clear windscreen would be a godsend in the winter time I'd imagine

It is great for demisting. Mondeos can be a bitch to demist without AC.
  • Automondeo likes this
Mk2 Zetec-S with everything Henry could think of plus a few bits of my own including a thingy that locks the doors when you drive off.

#5 Amadeus

Amadeus

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo 2.0 GLX
  • Name:Amadeus

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Like I said I was only playing around and pressed the button for no reason. And yes, I do have heated seats and windscreen, but the drivers side heated seat doesn`t work and the windscreen has only few wires that heat up. :} But I´m glad to hear that it was only the temperature behind all this.

Posted Image

Have to buy one of these to charge the battery properly while the car sits on a our garage.

Everything I say can be and must be used against me.

Mk1 Ford Mondeo 2.0 GLX Delta Project

Mk2 Ford Mondeo 2.0 GT STW ST-Line 

#6 idimidodjimi

idimidodjimi

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk1
  • Name:Vedran

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

I have the same problem with my MK1 hatchback. Changed front bumper recently, and now outside temp light shows it's below 0! Where is outside temperature sensor, repairman probably forgot to reattach it. I know it's somewhere in front bumper, but can someone please indicate where exactly and how it looks like?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users