How To: Automatic Powerfold Mirrors - Page 15 - Electrical (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

How To: Automatic Powerfold Mirrors

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#141 Powerexhaust

Powerexhaust

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Galaxy 08
  • Name:Chris

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:46 PM

My car is a limited edition 'Sport' model. It's a UK only spec, 1 of just 3000 vehicles produced during a six month period from September 2010.

On taking off the drivers door card to fit the mirror and door module this morning, I discovered that I already have the correct door module

Surprise, surprise... your car is a FL model, like all upwards 9/2010 (mine too :-) and for shure it has door-modules fitted capable of folding mirrors, also also on auto-close/open with keyfob (this is a separate feature).
If you had asked, i could have told you ;-) Or you could had just simply used your ELM-Adapter to readout the modules in the car, beforehand ...

Hi today i have tried to swap the mirrors and the moduls of my old galaxy ghia 2007 to my galaxy 2008
But after changing all modules and mirrors and main switch the small power button didn’t do anything I suppose i need to activate it and i have retrofitted everything again
I have cured 9G9T 14B533 CF,HF , 2x 9G9T 14B534 BF
And the car that was originally fitted with power mirrors
9G9T 14B533 ED , 2x KD 9G9T 14B534 BD

Please let me know what to do i need to swap do modules or my existing will work too just by swapping the mirrors and the mirrors switch or i need to swap the modules too
And how do I activate them
I couldn’t run elm config is there any other chance i can activate it ?
Regards

#142 TheAntman

TheAntman

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Sport
  • Name:Tony Ford

Posted 26 January 2021 - 09:16 AM

My car is a limited edition 'Sport' model. It's a UK only spec, 1 of just 3000 vehicles produced during a six month period from September 2010.

On taking off the drivers door card to fit the mirror and door module this morning, I discovered that I already have the correct door module

Surprise, surprise... your car is a FL model, like all upwards 9/2010 (mine too :-) and for shure it has door-modules fitted capable of folding mirrors, also also on auto-close/open with keyfob (this is a separate feature).

If you had asked, i could have told you ;-) Or you could had just simply used your ELM-Adapter to readout the modules in the car, beforehand ... 

Actually, mine isn't a facelift model. I believe it was a pre-facelift run-out model, which, as I understand it, was also a push to try and shift a few 1.8 TDCI's before production of that engine came to an end, though I haven't been able to find much information about this particular package. It's like a Zetec with a few extras

Just ran my VIN and it appears that although my car was first registered at the end of November 2010, it looks like it was built on 24th August 2010 - which would make sense - though I thought that the last couple of weeks of August were shut down - when Ford update production lines for new model year

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users