How To: Automatic Powerfold Mirrors - Page 14 - Electrical (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

How To: Automatic Powerfold Mirrors

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#131 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1336 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo 2.5t
  • Name:Mark

Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:15 PM

Don't think so but it's really just a case of taking the door card off and the module is sat just above the speaker. Unbolt it, unplug it and put the new one on.

The descriptions in the 1st post are a very good guide in themselves.

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams  -  Convers Mod

295bhp & 450nm of fun, but can still give 38mpg  :driving: 

#132 ScoobtoMondy

ScoobtoMondy

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo 2008
  • Name:Rich

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:42 PM

Done today - pretty easy to be fair.

#133 aHumanError

aHumanError

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk4
  • Name:Mike

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:55 PM

I thought this would be a nice addition to my 2007. I bought a 9G9T 14B553 AC and stuck it in (The one in the door was 7G9T 14B533 NA).

I tested it with the door card still off and it seemed to work OK (slightly slower than the passenger side but I expected that) so I stuck the door card back on and tested that all the windows auto up/down still worked, I reprogrammed the drivers side and the auto powerfold has never worked since.

What's all that about?

#134 TheAntman

TheAntman

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Sport
  • Name:Tony Ford

Posted 13 September 2020 - 02:40 PM

I would say I've got a problem at the moment with the one touch window not working on the back drivers side door, I don't know if it's related. Maybe Sam could try it on his.
But weighing up the pros and cons, I think I prefer auto folding mirrors. As long as nothing else crops up!
With the mirrors in the snow/ice, I guess they'd give up pretty quickly, then you'd just clear the ice and do it from the button.

This is a problem that I am sure other people who have done this mod haven't yet experienced, but I'm sure will at some time. I posted some time ago that my rear windows would no longer one touch up, and wouldn't reset. I noticed it after a battery change, but couldn't be sure if it started before that. What I have found is, if the rear windows are working on one touch up, and the front modules are changed for mk4.5 modules, the rears will still one touch up. But if the battery is disconnected (not sure if its time length related)the rear windows won't reset with the mk4.5 modules in place in front doors. Its a total pain, but you have to temporarily refit the old front door modules, reset rear windows, then reconnect new front door modules. I am just making sure I don't get rid of my old modules. Maybe it would be ok if the rears were from 4.5 as well as fronts, but I haven't tested.
Hope that helps. I would definitely recommend people keeping the old modules, just in case.
Gary

Are you aware of the procedure to reset the one-touch-up settings for each window.

I've sometimes had to do it after disconnecting the battery, having changed nothing in the doors.

To reset the window, you hold the button to raise the window. When it is fully closed, release the switch and then press and hold it for a few seconds et voila.

You have to repeat the procedure for each window that won't single shot up

#135 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1336 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo 2.5t
  • Name:Mark

Posted 13 September 2020 - 04:17 PM

POPULAR

As has been mentioned, the reset procedure only works if you have matching modules. If you have mk4.5 modules up front and mk4 modules in the rear, and if you pull the battery you would need to put the mk4 modules back in the front in order to get the rears to reset to "one-shot" again.
  • apollogary likes this

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams  -  Convers Mod

295bhp & 450nm of fun, but can still give 38mpg  :driving: 

#136 TheAntman

TheAntman

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:40 AM

I'm currently upgrading my door mirrors to include this function and, in fitting my new drivers door mirror I made a discovery that I thought I would share as it may be helpful to those of you also wishing to add this feature.

My car is a limited edition 'Sport' model. It's a UK only spec, 1 of just 3000 vehicles produced during a six month period from September 2010.

Essentially, it is a Zetec, with Auto headlamps, Auto wipers, Auto-dipping rear view mirror and the Travelpilot FX navigation system.

So far, I have upgraded the IP to the Convers+.

It was not fitted with powerfold mirrors at the factory.

I have sourced the door swtich (with the folding mirror button), power fold mirrors (with puddle lamp) and the front door modules.

On taking off the drivers door card to fit the mirror and door module this morning, I discovered that I already have the correct door module

9G9T 14B533 AC.

I checked that all the information printed on the module matched that on the one I had bought from a Titanium X. It does.

So I left my existing module in place and just fitted the new mirror.

I haven't yet fitted the new window / mirror switch (as it hasn't arrived yet).

Put it all back together, connected Forscan and in Cetral configuration, enabled powerfold and puddle lamps and hey, presto, my door mirror now folds automatically when I lock the car with the remote.

So definitely worth popping off the door card and checking if you already have the correct door modules before sourcing parts.

On the upside, I now have a pair of door modules if anyone needs them. Just after making my money back on them, so I'll take £30 for the pair

#137 TheAntman

TheAntman

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 03:30 PM

As mentioned in my previous post, I have a set of the correct front door modules for sale.

https://www.ebay.co....es/333765713450

#138 TheAntman

TheAntman

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 12:15 PM

As mentioned in my previous post, I have a set of the correct front door modules for sale.

https://www.ebay.co....es/333765713450

These have now been sold.

#139 go4it

go4it

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Oli

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:19 PM

My car is a limited edition 'Sport' model. It's a UK only spec, 1 of just 3000 vehicles produced during a six month period from September 2010.

On taking off the drivers door card to fit the mirror and door module this morning, I discovered that I already have the correct door module

Surprise, surprise... your car is a FL model, like all upwards 9/2010 (mine too :-) and for shure it has door-modules fitted capable of folding mirrors, also also on auto-close/open with keyfob (this is a separate feature).

If you had asked, i could have told you ;-) Or you could had just simply used your ELM-Adapter to readout the modules in the car, beforehand ... 

Edited by go4it, 12 January 2021 - 06:20 PM.

#140 TheAntman

TheAntman

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:06 PM

Surprise, surprise... your car is a FL model, like all upwards 9/2010 (mine too :-) and for shure it has door-modules fitted capable of folding mirrors, also also on auto-close/open with keyfob (this is a separate feature).

If you had asked, i could have told you ;-) Or you could had just simply used your ELM-Adapter to readout the modules in the car, beforehand ... 

Actually, mine isn't a facelift model. I believe it was a pre-facelift run-out model, which, as I understand it, was also a push to try and shift a few 1.8 TDCI's before production of that engine came to an end, though I haven't been able to find much information about this particular package. It's like a Zetec with a few extras

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)