Ford Fiesta Courier Van 1.8Td Endura Engine - Ford Fiesta Mk1 / Mk2 / Mk3 Forum - (1976-1995) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Ford Fiesta Courier Van 1.8Td Endura Engine

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 davespain

davespain

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ford courier 1.8 Td
  • Name:David Filmer

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

I have a 2002 Ford Fiesta Courier Van 1.8 turbo diesel endura engine. A week ago I parked it in my drive after it using it. Next morning it would not start, just turned over but would not fire. Flow plug light on dash was flashing. I connected test bulb to glow plus to check relay works OK. Next checked glow plugs - all four not working (very strange that all four should not be working) Replaced all four and engine started first time and glow plugs not flashing. I left the van running for 30 minutes then turned it off. The following morning it would not start again and glow plug light was flashing. The symptoms were the engine fires but wont run on and the power steering electric motor by the radiator runs on for about 30 seconds. Left van in disgust for 2 days and then tried to start - started first time with no flashing glow plug light. Used the van all day with no trouble. Tried the next day and it would not start with the same symptoms ie. engine firing but not running on and power sterring electric motor run on. Took the EGR valve off and checked it was opening OK and cleaned it.

Has anyone had this problem or any idea what could be wrong. Diagnostic said pump but dont believe that as after diagnostic the engine ran all day.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users