Camera On Denso Touchscreen - Page 4 - In-Car Entertainment (Mk3 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

Photo

Camera On Denso Touchscreen

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 screwc149

screwc149

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:'06 ST TDCi
  • Name:Phil

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

Quick Update Guys,

I have broken my back so getting out to the car has been a near imposibility for me over that last few weeks and will be for a little while yet i should think but on the plus side due to being stuck indoors all day i have managed to make some progress and will be sending the order off for my first prototype boards in the next couple of days which should take aproximately 10 days to arrive.

Due to my excess of time at the moment i have managed to source OEM connectors to make this a plug and play installation so no electronic skills or programming will be required (all the software will be handled in a supplied kit) So far functionality stands at either 1 of 2 options.

Upon power up the head unit functions as per it currently stands and and maintains all factory functions including the AUX in port in the glovebox & RSE etc... this will be the case for any of the options below. Currently i am just using one push button to controll everything as i want its function to be as simple as possible but it does mean drilling a single 10mm hole somewhere convenient to mount the push button (I am also looking into the possibility of a button which can be mounted behind a plastic pannel up to 5mm thick and simply opperated by placing your finger on the plastic pannel the sensor is mounted behind which will avoid having to drill a hole in any pannels) anyway presently the unit cycles through the following sequences

Upon starting the car - Standard functions

1st Button Push - Video input 1 is activated

2nd Button Push - Video input 2 is activated

3rd Button Push - Everything returns to standard

The above sequence then repeats itself each time the button is pushed

Either this or

Upon starting the car - Standard functions

1st Button Push - a VGA input is activated for such things as a car pc etc

2nd Button Push - Video input 1 is activated

3rd Button Push - Video input 2 is activated

4th Button Push - Everything returns to standard

The above sequence then repeats itself each time the button is pushed

In both cases the relevant audio is also routed to the head unit and played over the speakers.

Reverse camera is displayed automatically when reverse gear is selected but there is no way of manually viewing it as i dint see this was necisarry.

Things i have been working on are:

When the VGA input is selected the touchscreen can control a car pc via USB - Does anyone still have a car PC any more? am i developing this function for nobody to want it? as i will stop wasting my money and time if this is the case and concentrate on something else.

iPhone/Android device integration - instead of having a VGA input for a PC etc, i may be able to use the freed resources to integrate an iPhone or android device into the car. maybe not in the way you would think but to display the phones screen on the display and use the touch screen to control the phone as you would do if you were holding the device in your hand. connection either via the dock/usb connector/bluetooth or possibly a combination of both (cable connection will hopefully support charging). This would mean you have no ability to control the device by the steering wheel controls (something i will try and work on) however you would have full control and functionality of the phone on your touch screen music, video's, internet etc... thus addressing another bug bear of mine of not being able to connect my phone to the car for music all be it without my beloved steering wheel controlls.

unfortunately it has to be one or the other of the above, i am fairly sure i know which will be more favorable but thought i would ask the question. ( i may be able to do both sacrificing one of the standard video inputs instead but as of yet i have not been able to do so)

is there anything else anyone could think of that they would like to see before i get too much further with what i am currently working on? any suggestions gratefully received.

Would be great to hear what you all think.

Best regards,

Phil.

#32 Col_Tubbs

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

Either option sounds good, but the PC option would be the better for me.

#33 FITZYNKAZ

FITZYNKAZ

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 4434 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ST 220 3.0 V6

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

im not fussed   all i want really is a reverse camera lol

ST 220 in panther black only mods so far
oem blackeyed xenons,facelift dash with sony 6 cd, facelift screen,all chrome trims inside and out ,powerfolds facelift variable red recaro leather interior and a big fook off engine under the bonnet
:D V 6 RULES END OF :D

#34 DaSingh

DaSingh

Nottz Megger

• Members
  • 1938 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK3

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

Im planning to add a raspberry pi with xbmc which will just connect using composite cable, car pc are cool but compared to the size and price of a rasp pi theres no need for one imo.

2004 Mondeo MK3 1.8 Zetec Hatchback in Panther Black

2013 Focus MK3 1.0 (125PS) Titanium in Panther Black + City Pack

2017 SMAX MK3 2.0 (180PS) Titanium X Sports in Panther Black

#35 screwc149

screwc149

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:'06 ST TDCi
  • Name:Phil

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Ordered my rasp pi today to have a fiddle with and will let you know how I get on,.

Alex - I didnt realise you only wanted avreverse camera, thats the easy bit. Just tryi g to get hold of a denso setup to run on my bench as I cant get to the car at the moment but I will check prices and let you k ow how much things cost and we can sort so ething out from there.

#36 DaSingh

DaSingh

Nottz Megger

• Members
  • 1938 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK3

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

I have never seen a denso unit in action whats so good about it? I have a apline flip out which is brilliant not oem but 7" dvd player, mp3, divx, ipod video cable, parrot bluetooth and freeview tuner not to mention additional av ins for reverse camera etc.

2004 Mondeo MK3 1.8 Zetec Hatchback in Panther Black

2013 Focus MK3 1.0 (125PS) Titanium in Panther Black + City Pack

2017 SMAX MK3 2.0 (180PS) Titanium X Sports in Panther Black

#37 cragglemiester

cragglemiester

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

First off Phil, sorry to hear of your back troubles. I wish you a speedy recovery.

as for the question. Personally id prefer ipod playback ability via touchscreen.
that coupled with the reverse camera would make it a complete unit Imo.

#38 Benporter139

Benporter139

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2004 Mondeo Ghia X
  • Name:Ben

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

iphone option sounds great to me as well as the reversing camera makes two great additions to car. As my mondy only has the boot popper switch installed would it be possible to get the dual switch (boot popper & ESP)and wire the ESP switch to cycle the video inputs.

Thanks
Ben

#39 stevebubs

stevebubs

Megger

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

Ordered my rasp pi today to have a fiddle with and will let you know how I get on,.

Coolio  :) I have one ready to go in the car...was thinking about trying to replicate the CDDJ jukebox functionality on the canbus but control via the touchscreen would be better!!

Edited by stevebubs, 08 August 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#40 eifpaz

eifpaz

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ST220
  • Name:Eifion Parry

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thanks Phil, you've given me hope that soon it may be possible for reversing cameras on my denso also.

The ipod connection sounds great also.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users