Camera On Denso Touchscreen - Page 2 - In-Car Entertainment (Mk3 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Camera On Denso Touchscreen

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#11 Col_Tubbs

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

oohh how much would you charge to make said module

As above, if the price is right I could be up for one. :L

#12 screwc149

screwc149

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:'06 ST TDCi
  • Name:Phil

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

I want to get some testing done this week/next weekend just to confirm the reliability and fully prove the system out then i will get back to you all once i am 100% certain.

Phil.

#13 Sundhans

Sundhans

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3 TDCi 2.2
  • Name:Jan Sundvall

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Hi again Phil

Great news :o)

I am also very excited to know more about your solution.

Have you used a ready made media interface to connect the camera, or have you developed something yourself from scratch?

Last year I discussed the topic with a dutch guy, who has developed an interface him self, with the option of reverse camera and remote controling a DVD player via the Denso touch screen - quite nice. Maybe its a similar interface you are using, which explians the price you mention. I memorize the price being arond 350 Euro's.

Hopefully you will share detalied info on your findings, so that we can just replicate it. Or alternatively sell a ready made kit. Both would work for me :o)

Have a nice day.

Cheers

Jan

#14 screwc149

screwc149

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

1 Thing i am strugling with is finding a reliable supplier for the connector at the back of the boot mounted DVD drive, it is not esential to find but it does make this a plug and play solution and avoids cutting the original loom and is then completely reversable, all teh connectors i need are teh same but in different sizes so if i cxan find a supplier for one i can get all of them. i am open to sugestions if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil.

Attached Thumbnails

• Denso connector.png

#15 Canutza

Canutza

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK3
  • Name:Bogdan

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Hy,

Here is a link that could help: http://www.tme.eu/ro...y=112783&page=1

If you can't understand something, i can order for you and send it to you.

#16 Sundhans

Sundhans

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hi Phil

This seems to be a place to look. The kit contains both the mail and the female connector:

http://shop.adv.com....11&product_id=5

Cheers

Jan

#17 screwc149

screwc149

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Thanks Jan.

I have bought a similar thing for my initial testing however I had to buy 2 as they are not fully populated and I need new terminals for it as some of the cable needs to be twisted pair and some of it needs to be shielded cable for the unit to function correctly and reliably. For my testing I cut the existing wiring off and soldered onto the pins but this is by no means a permanent solution nor is it cheap. It has however allowed me to test things. I think I may have found a board mounted connector Which I may have to incorporate into my pcb.

I am also currently working on some signal conversion hardware to make my device more compatible with standard video formats.

By the look if it I think the final product will be 2 boxes, 1 will have to mount in the boot with the bulk of the electronics in and a smaller one behind the dash or display if there is room. I have now ordered a camera which I hooey to be bake to mount discreetly in the number folate light. I am just waiting on it to arrive so I can test it.

It may well just be me that has a car pc but would it be of interest to anyone to have a VGA input on the unit if I can incorporate one as I think this should be fairly simple.

That's my update for now and thanks for all your support and help.

Phil

#18 screwc149

screwc149

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Apologies for my atrocious spelling, partly due to being knackered from working a 15 hour day and partly my new phone that I am struggling to get to grips with. I will update you all as soon as I get chance to do some more work on this.

Phil

#19 Sundhans

Sundhans

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

Hi Phil

I would think it's really worth the extra effort to include the option for an external VGA. Think about the almost endless possibilities it opens up for. I have in mind adding a small PC to get an interface to control music from a USB, SD Card or Smart phone. No commercial solutions seem to exist for the Denso...

By the way - how would you characterize the Denso video interface? Is it component video or what?

I have been looking into a Denso schematic recently to try to understand. There seems to be RGB + a sync line. But I memorize, that VGA has both a horizontal sync and a vertical sync in seperate lines. How would you apply correct sync here? Would you wind H-sync and V-sync from the external device together and connect to Denso sync?

Cheers

Jan

#20 Sundhans

Sundhans

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

Hi Phil

Any news on this topic? Still waiting with eager... :o)

Cheers

Jan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users