Problem Resetting Windows - Electrical (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Problem Resetting Windows

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 apollogary

apollogary

MEG Corporal

• Gold Member
  • 1542 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Gary

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Had to replace my battery today. Nice easy 5 minute job... not. Tried to reset my one-touch afterwards. Front windows, easy, couple of seconds. But the rear windows will not reset. I spent best part of an hour messing about with them. Even tried disconnecting battery again and leaving for a while.
Anyone had this before?
Thanks

2008 2.0 TDCI Ghia Auto in Kelp
18" alloys, full biscuit leather,8 way electric climate seats, sunroof, NX nav, voice, keyless start, F & R PDC, TPMS, privacy glass
Mods.
Facelift convers+. Rear door roller blinds. Rear footwell lights. Rear Ambient lighting. USB, bluetooth & BT streaming. Memory drivers seat and mirrors. Auto folding mirrors with indicators. Door warning lights front and rear. Variable heated rear seats. PTC electric heater. Facelift front and rear bumpers and bonnet with DRLs and  headlight washers. Facelift tailgate and rear LED lights. 
Keyless Entry. Power child locks, Cooled glove box, Air Quality Sensor, Facelift MCA2 with 9 speakers, DAB and Ford rear view camera. Facelift upper and centre console trims and upper door panel trims in walnut.
Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Alert & Hill Launch Assist. Xenon Lights. Interactive Vehicle Dynamic Control. Electric Park Brake, Rear Seat Entertainment, 13 pin Detachable Tow Bar and Module 

Photos in Gallery

#2 costeau

costeau

Dirty old Megger

• Members
  • 1417 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

I haven't heard about this, and as you've got a Ghia, you should deffo have the one-touch on the rear windows as well, yeah.

One of these two methods should work for you, but I'm not sure which one, as I can't remember which one I used when I needed to fix it myself:
http://www.fordwiki....dows_-_Activate
http://www.fordwiki....ch_Window_Reset

Mondeo Mk4 2008 (BA7) saloon 2.0 TDCi 130 PS (well, 152 PS with the Bluefin installed) Zetec Auto (TF-80/81SC)
Speedo cluster type 1, firmware: 0246
Audio system: Alpine iLX-700 (aftermarket)

#3 apollogary

apollogary

MEG Corporal

• Gold Member
  • 1542 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Thanks. Iv'e tried all that. My Ford mate reckons it might need plugging into IDS to reset them
Very strange

18" alloys, full biscuit leather,8 way electric climate seats, sunroof, NX nav, voice, keyless start, F & R PDC, TPMS, privacy glass
Mods.
Facelift convers+. Rear door roller blinds. Rear footwell lights. Rear Ambient lighting. USB, bluetooth & BT streaming. Memory drivers seat and mirrors. Auto folding mirrors with indicators. Door warning lights front and rear. Variable heated rear seats. PTC electric heater. Facelift front and rear bumpers and bonnet with DRLs and  headlight washers. Facelift tailgate and rear LED lights. 
Keyless Entry. Power child locks, Cooled glove box, Air Quality Sensor, Facelift MCA2 with 9 speakers, DAB and Ford rear view camera. Facelift upper and centre console trims and upper door panel trims in walnut.
Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Alert & Hill Launch Assist. Xenon Lights. Interactive Vehicle Dynamic Control. Electric Park Brake, Rear Seat Entertainment, 13 pin Detachable Tow Bar and Module 

Photos in Gallery

#4 4titx

4titx

Over Enthusiastic

• Members
  • 5374 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 4 Titx
  • Name:Phil

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Try leaving the battery diconnected a little longer just to make sure everything that holds a charge discharges.
LEDs, whats your Watts.
2.0 TDCi TitX in Hypnotic Silver

Dont thank me, thank him. I'm just the messenger.

#5 apollogary

apollogary

MEG Corporal

• Gold Member
  • 1542 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Left it disconnected for about 4 hours. Not using it this week so I guess I could leave it a couple of days disconnected and see if that fixes it

Mods.

Photos in Gallery

#6 4titx

4titx

Over Enthusiastic

• Members
  • 5374 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 4 Titx
  • Name:Phil

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Crumbs, if 4 hours didnt do it!!!
LEDs, whats your Watts.
2.0 TDCi TitX in Hypnotic Silver

Dont thank me, thank him. I'm just the messenger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users