Mk4 Mondeo Diesel Timing Belt Facts - Page 4 - Diesel Engines (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Mk4 Mondeo Diesel Timing Belt Facts

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#31 Mark Mass

Mark Mass

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo
  • Name:Mark

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

does any one know when FORD changed back to Belt/Chain setup.

What registrations does this effect. 57 08 58 09 etc, etc.

M

#32 flamair

flamair

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.0tdci
  • Name:Ian Jones

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

Bloody hell. I've always had a low opinion of Fraud dealers but this thread takes the biscuit!

How can a main franchise have so little knowledge of one of Ford's flagship cars? Absolutely shocking! I'll be sticking with my independent mechanics that actually know their stuff!!

#33 bailes1992

bailes1992

Mondeo Whisperer

• Members
  • 2583 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2015 Ford Focus
  • Name:Sam

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Ford never changed back.

The last run of 1.8TDCis from the 10/2007 onwards had a belt/belt setup!

I really am concerned about the lack of knowledge about the fuel pump drive belt. I think an email to ford is in order!

2015 Ford Focus Titanium

1.5TDCi (120ps)

#34 Mark Mass

Mark Mass

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Have sent all of the technical data to FORD. There statement is that the BELT and CHAIN should BOTH be replaced at 125,000 miles. Please NOTE this is only an advisory mileage. YOU SHOULD CHANGE well before this.

The above thread regarding independent garages. THEY DONT KNOW EITHER their technical database is bought through a third party via FORD. If there data is wrong so are the small independent garages. BEWARE

I am now going to pursue this further with FORD, if no satisfaction I will contact TRADING STANDARDS, WATCHDOG and possibly take them to COURT.

WATCH THIS SPACE!!

#35 Mark Mass

Mark Mass

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Read my other posts on this. Any 1.8 tdi built from Oct 2nd till I do not know when is fitted with a BELT/BELT set up. Even if FORD tell you a Belt/Chain set up.

I have a 57 Mondeo - Cam belt changed at 80k the lower belt failed at 106k. I was told I had a chain so did not change.

BEWARE - FORD recommeded timing belt and chain at 125k is only recommended and you should change earlier.

NB - FORD are recommending that the belt and chain on any vehicle should be changed.

WHAT A LOAD OF B......S -= who has been told the chain should be changed.

I am contacting TRADING STANDARDS, WATCHDOG and considering legal action - anyone else want to join me???

#36 barry464

barry464

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:1.8tdci
  • Name:tom

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

Bailes I'll update on that side of things once the work is done. Very very concerning.

any update was it belt or chain

#37 darlofan

darlofan

Little Megger

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Ok, so if i am reading this right mine is a September 57plate so has a belt and chain?

Both of whi need replacing at 125k miles?

Just had a quote for belt and waterpump at an independant which was £215inc which i was quite pleased with. Didn't mention the chain to him so thinking now do i need to ring him and get a quote for that as well?

Cheers for any replies.

#38 Pipabix

Pipabix

Little Megger

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

i think id be wary of getting 2 belts fitted for anything under £650.. .  I was quoted this price from a ford dealer in the north Ireland. €750 in the south.

somepoeple think they are getting the 2 belts changed for £200-300, but i cannot for the live of me see how this can be done.. .

even 2 independent garages quoted me in excess of €700 for both belts to be changed. .. .

#39 darlofan

darlofan

Little Megger

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

i think id be wary of getting 2 belts fitted for anything under £650.. .  I was quoted this price from a ford dealer in the north Ireland. €750 in the south.

somepoeple think they are getting the 2 belts changed for £200-300, but i cannot for the live of me see how this can be done.. .

even 2 independent garages quoted me in excess of €700 for both belts to be changed. .. .

The quote was for the timing belt+waterpump not the fuel chain as well. Someone earlier had belt+waterpump+oil change done for £250 so quote i got seems comparable to that. Not sure how much the parts are but he said it would take 4-5hours to do. He seemed quite knowledgable as well talking about other common faults on the car that i've had done and quoting similar prices to what i'd paid(without me telling him). I will obviously be shopping around first. Just wanted clarification that i need belt and chain doing.

#40 herrbohnen

herrbohnen

grumpy old git

• Members
  • 2271 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk.5 tit estate 4x 4

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

my garage said it was a 4 hour job, you have to take the aux belt off anyway to get at the cam belt

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users