No De-Mist - Mondeo Mk1 - Page 2 - Air-Con / Heating (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

No De-Mist - Mondeo Mk1

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 siruncle

siruncle

munching bananas

• Global Moderator
  • 18995 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:St150
  • Name:Pete

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

unfortunately, being as yours is LHD i'd imagine access to the "silver thing" as described above is going to be harder than just pulling the glovebox out, (as yours is on the wrong side) you may be able to get at it by removing the lower centre console trim (remove the little plastic covers to find the screws)

are you getting nothing at all, or very little air to the windscreen? if its a little, the silver thing might be blocked, there is some how-to's in this part of the mk1/2 mondeo forum, click "search" first and you can change where you "search" to "this forum" and use "vacuum" as your search word, and you'll only get results from this forum. :L

<p>From Rutland, Leicestershire or Northamptonshire? Join the Rutland Group, http://www.talkford....land-area-page/ Leicestershire, http://www.talkford....leicestershire/ or Northamptonshire, http://www.talkford....rthamptonshire/2000 (W) Mondeo Mk2 Ghia 2.0 Hatch in Stardust Silver, now has company, a 2000 (W) Transit Smiley :) 2.5di (ish), in diamond white, with a blue stripe. (pics coming soon). Also now got a
02 zetec-s 2.5 in Panther Black and an 05 Fiesta St150 in colorado red

This is Ford country, listen quietly and you can hear Vauxhalls rusting :)

#12 nigelrrb

nigelrrb

Getting on a bit...

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk2 2.0 GLX Estate
  • Name:Nigel

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

I had this with my 97 Mk2, no aircon. I found that the silver vacuum actuator for the screen demister flap has 3 positions: no vacuum = demist flap fully open, 1st stage vacuum (small pipe in the middle of the unit) = demist flap half-closed, 2nd stage vacuum (pipe on the end of the unit) = demist flap fully closed. There is a spring inside the unit that pushes the demist flap open when there is no vacuum, and in my case the spring was weak and it couldn't overcome the resistance of the flap and the rods. I think also the demist flap and rods had got stiff over time making it more difficult for the spring to push the flap open. I fitted a new actuator and gave the flap a good workout by hand, and so far it's solved the problem. It was a pig of a job to do on a RHD car, there was just about enough room to get a 1/4 drive ratchet in to move the nuts 1 click at a time.

#13 malmeida14

malmeida14

Little Megger

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK4 2.5T SW

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

Thank you for your quick replies. Today I tested again and some times work well, most of the times it blocks in to the windscreen, or only to footwell , or other position. Reading nigelrrb answer i think if the lack of use would be responsible for the stiff clasp and rods. Usually I only use in the windscreen position. My door handle of the left rear door is stiff needing some oil because of the lack of use (don't forget - left hand drive).

Well, I will try to see if changing the position frequently I can free the system, if not, by your answers it's a job for my mechanic.

Thanks again.

#14 malmeida14

malmeida14

Little Megger

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK4 2.5T SW

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

From my last post to today, whenever I use de car I have been changing positions and fan speeds. Finally is working fine in every positions and fan speed. Thanks nigelrrb for the tip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users