Megapod 2012 - Piccies #1 - Page 2 - Shows / Meets Photos - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Megapod 2012 - Piccies #1

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 MScotts

MScotts

Never knowingly understood

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 23164 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ST200 Saloon

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

.....Why have you got standard ST200 alloys on? Thought you were getting RS7s?...

They're the ones I got from Leicester back in Oct/Nov 11 for £150; came fitted with (virtually) new Uniroyal Rain-Sport tyres and new centre caps Marn. I did a full refurb on them and have had them on the car since Dec/Jan.

If a set of good RS7s come up I'll have them, otherwise I'm very happy with the stock Alloys fitted. The car runs very nicely with them on; not long done a 1100 mile trip up & around Scotchland and they were brill for the long haul motorway journeys etc.

I've now got a 5th ST200 alloy, courtesy of Dan (Twiggy27), who passed it across yto me at MEGaPod yesterday. So I've got a piece of the GOF now. Cheers Dan :L
4-wheels - LPG converted ST200 Saloon Ltd Ed No.177
2-wheels - BMW Motorrad and Honda HTM
Unfortunately Andy (MScotts) passed away suddenly on the 9th October 2013. RIP Andy, you'll be missed by all.

#12 squelch

squelch

MEG Colonel

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 5987 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Jaguar S type R
  • Name:simon

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

Nice pics, Andy...Shame I couldn't make this one..How come Squelch didn't run his Car?.....

Was it the cable ties holding the engine in?

He was going to - had a race number assigned and was in the queue for the track. But as its open topped, the marshalls wouldn't let him on without arm straps. The build is proper tidy on that car :L

Top pics there, Andy!

Cheers i will admit there are bits i think i could have done better and will probably change in the not to distant future
but its not too bad for a first build

Sorry for leaving early but i was trying to miss as much rain as poss
www.STdriveRS.co.uk
Co-owner and builder of the mk1 V8
In the garage at the mo
Jaguar S-Type R 4.2 V8 Supercharged (02)(being scrapped)
MEV Exocet kit car (having fun in it )
Chevrolet camaro Z28 (83)(Gone to the big scrap yard in the sky)
Pontiac Trans-am (84) Ford Mondeo ST220(03)(Now gone but not forgotten)
Back in a FORD Mondeo ST

#13 MScotts

MScotts

Never knowingly understood

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 23164 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ST200 Saloon

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

Did you manage to dodge the rain all the way back to Oxon, Simon? It hammered it down around 2:30pm at Santa Pod
4-wheels - LPG converted ST200 Saloon Ltd Ed No.177
2-wheels - BMW Motorrad and Honda HTM
Unfortunately Andy (MScotts) passed away suddenly on the 9th October 2013. RIP Andy, you'll be missed by all.

#14 Baldrick

Baldrick

Veteran

• Members
  • 12458 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

Some cracking pic's there Andy and Martin. :L

#15 Mal

Mal

Uncle Nasty

• Members
  • 9086 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ST220 Perf Blue

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Nice pics, Andy...Shame I couldn't make this one..How come Squelch didn't run his Car?.....

He was going to - had a race number assigned and was in the queue for the track. But as its open topped, the marshalls wouldn't let him on without arm straps. The build is proper tidy on that car :L

Top pics there, Andy!

Cheers i will admit there are bits i think i could have done better and will probably change in the not to distant future

The cable tie statement was made in jest, I did try to add an emoticon but I can't get them to work for some reason...I'd really have liked to have a gander cus its something I've always hoped to have a crack at building a kit car.....

Was it the insulation tape holding the exhaust on?...;)

ST220 55plate Saloon Final Facelift in Performance Blue.

Honda Civic 1.8 Vtech Executive.

Triumph Street Triple..aka  'The Hooligan Machine'.

#16 squelch

squelch

MEG Colonel

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 5987 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Jaguar S type R
  • Name:simon

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

i went through a few small showers near northampton but they were very light once i'd got south of the M40 it was blue skies

Nah the exhaust is held on with the cable ties this time (the tape came loose to many times) :biggrin:

its actually good fun building a kit car until you get to the DVLA and VOSA parts as they really are a law unto themselves
www.STdriveRS.co.uk
Co-owner and builder of the mk1 V8
In the garage at the mo
Jaguar S-Type R 4.2 V8 Supercharged (02)(being scrapped)
MEV Exocet kit car (having fun in it )
Chevrolet camaro Z28 (83)(Gone to the big scrap yard in the sky)
Pontiac Trans-am (84) Ford Mondeo ST220(03)(Now gone but not forgotten)
Back in a FORD Mondeo ST

#17 Twiggy27

Twiggy27

AKA The Twigg!

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 9331 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:The Mk4.5 Titty X

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Top pics there, Andy!

told you the plug idea was a goodun simon!!

Dan

" Dont Argue with Idiots. They Drag you down to their level and then Beat you with their expertise! "

Hers.. Modified mk3 facelift Mondeo ZS hatch tdci.
His.. Mk 4 facelift Titanium X hatch
Gone.. Mk4 mondeo Ghia saloon

" You cant buy happiness but you can buy a mondeo and that's near enough "

#18 Twiggy27

Twiggy27

AKA The Twigg!

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 9331 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:The Mk4.5 Titty X

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

.....Why have you got standard ST200 alloys on? Thought you were getting RS7s?...

They're the ones I got from Leicester back in Oct/Nov 11 for £150; came fitted with (virtually) new Uniroyal Rain-Sport tyres and new centre caps Marn. I did a full refurb on them and have had them on the car since Dec/Jan.

If a set of good RS7s come up I'll have them, otherwise I'm very happy with the stock Alloys fitted. The car runs very nicely with them on; not long done a 1100 mile trip up & around Scotchland and they were brill for the long haul motorway journeys etc.

I've now got a 5th ST200 alloy, courtesy of Dan (Twiggy27), who passed it across yto me at MEGaPod yesterday. So I've got a piece of the GOF now. Cheers Dan :L

no worries andy. last piece of the GOF is gone to a good home there. know you will look after it. was the coffee and cookie more expensive than 99p though?

Dan

" Dont Argue with Idiots. They Drag you down to their level and then Beat you with their expertise! "

Hers.. Modified mk3 facelift Mondeo ZS hatch tdci.
His.. Mk 4 facelift Titanium X hatch
Gone.. Mk4 mondeo Ghia saloon

" You cant buy happiness but you can buy a mondeo and that's near enough "

#19 Rhys

Rhys

at Vanishing Point....

• Members
  • 3994 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST200

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

If a set of good RS7s come up I'll have them,

Nowt wrong with a set of RS7's, as shown on the Verona X (starting to show their age and the miles they've covered now though) Good ones are hard to come by second hand, and Owain certainly seems to find them. Hence we have 4 cars each with a set of 17" RS7's on them lol.
'06-Now - 2001 ST200 - Garage Link - 199.5 BHP recorded @ AmD Essex :) 16.155s 1/4mile @ Santa Pod
'08-Now - 1999 Mazda MX5 - Apparently, a hairdressers car. :unsure: 16.288s 1/4mile @ Santa Pod
Verona X - Garage Link - Cat C'd, repaired and roaming the roads again.
Rhinestone: Former owner of dad's old TDCi Ghia X

#20 Rhinestone

Rhinestone

Daft

• Members
  • 3079 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Raleigh Bomber
  • Name:Phil

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

Yep! Tis me in the black Mk4. Cracking shot! I'd love a full size copy if you'd care to send us one?
Can I PM you a suitable email addy?

Only just seen these on here today. Great Pics everyone.
Regards

Phil

Its not always about where you end up, its about how you get there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users