[Mondeo MK4 Titanium TDCi 2008]
I have a Blower Regulator in my hands, and no idea how to determine should I throw it towards the waterbirds or is it working as designed.
- no air con. Switch in console switches "A/C ON" but no cold air produced.
- relay under the hood gets no signal (I mean control voltage, dunno what it is called in eng.).
- shorting relay socket output pins engages compressor, engine tune lowers, cold air is produced within few seconds
- I never had a diesel before, I now know they produce very low heat output thus never suspected this as malfunction: radiator fan never switched on during past my 8 months owning this Mondeo Mk4. Did a test run today with high revs/speeding --> no fan, but no high temp on engine either.
- In yearly maintenance I asked to look for A/C errors on OBD. Garage recharged (yeah right) first, no air con, then they read P0691, "Fan Control Circuit Low/The Front Control Module (FCM) has detected a short to ground in the cooling fan relay 1 control circuit"
- After getting the code I tested
- blower 60A fuse: ok
- measured full volts at the connector to regulator, no or less than 1V from regulator output connector (however, not sure if fan was supposed to be on)
- blower blew well after feeding it direct 12V from battery