Heater temperature control cable - Page 2 - Air-Con / Heating (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Heater temperature control cable

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 siruncle

siruncle

munching bananas

• Global Moderator
  • 18995 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:St150
  • Name:Pete

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

sometimes walking away from it then going back to it "fresh" helps especially when you're about to get the lump hammer on the job. :L

<p>From Rutland, Leicestershire or Northamptonshire? Join the Rutland Group, http://www.talkford....land-area-page/ Leicestershire, http://www.talkford....leicestershire/ or Northamptonshire, http://www.talkford....rthamptonshire/2000 (W) Mondeo Mk2 Ghia 2.0 Hatch in Stardust Silver, now has company, a 2000 (W) Transit Smiley :) 2.5di (ish), in diamond white, with a blue stripe. (pics coming soon). Also now got a
02 zetec-s 2.5 in Panther Black and an 05 Fiesta St150 in colorado red

This is Ford country, listen quietly and you can hear Vauxhalls rusting :)

#12 AmbientMike

AmbientMike

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Focus

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Hi, sorry for dredging up an old topic but this is exactly the info I need and it all sounds just like my scenario...

When I first got the car (MK2.5 1.6L Petrol Focus) about a year ago and twice in the last 3 weeks I have no heat and it;s the tempersture control cable that's at fault - apparently disconnected at the far end.

I now have the glove box and the stereo out (as that's what the garage man said he did) to trace the cable to where it's disconnected but I'm damned if I can see where it goes.  Any clues as to where it should be connected to from the knob?  A picture would be handy...

Also, something that was said on the last page sounds familiar... "the root of the problem is a sticky selector lever in the drivers footwell".  I normally hear something like a cable releasing a few seconds after starting my journey to / from work down in the driver's footwell and suspect that it is indeed this that's causing the disconnection.  Any ideas on if I can fix this or tell a garage what to fix?

Cheers...

#13 stevieb12345

stevieb12345

MEG Admiral

• Global Moderator
  • 5649 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo TXS

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

I don't think a MK2.5 Focus would have the mechanical heater flap.

#14 AmbientMike

AmbientMike

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Focus

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

I don't think a MK2.5 Focus would have the mechanical heater flap.

OK - well the guy at the garage said the far end was disconnected - so where does it connect to?  If not a mechanical heater flap then to what and where?

I've just been back out in the last of the daylight and it seems that the cable is actually still connected but kinked as I've managed to manually push the cable to the "Hot" position and now I get hot air (I can handle that for now) but when the knob is rotated the cable just seems to kink.  Is it a simple cable replacement?  What is that noise in the footwell that was mentioned previously?

Edited by AmbientMike, 03 April 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#15 stevieb12345

stevieb12345

MEG Admiral

• Global Moderator
  • 5649 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo TXS

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

I thought Ford would have done away with it because of the problems. If you have the kinked cable you can straighten it but it'll not last long so you're better off replacing it. It's been years since I changed one but from what I can remember it's pretty easy and cheap to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users