ForDiag, good news for pre 6/03 TDCi owners - Page 15 - Diesel Engines (Mondeo Mk3) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

ForDiag, good news for pre 6/03 TDCi owners

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#141 peter scott

peter scott

???

• Members
  • 3623 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:04 Zetec130TDCi Eur3
  • Name:peter scott

Posted 24 October 2020 - 04:52 PM

POPULAR

Nick you got me dusted off but I'm sorry I have only very limited experience of the 2 box cars. Nothing to add.

Best wishes to all.

Peter

• nicam49 likes this

F-Super Information ..................TDCi Injector Information

TDCi Injector Cleaning...............Injector Leak-Off Test

Ford ETIS........                  ..  .........Peter's other interests .............. ....

#142 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 4135 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3
  • Name:Nick

Posted 24 October 2020 - 05:42 PM

Never mind Peter! Good to 'hear' from you!
<p><p>nicam49 2002 Mondeo TDCi Ghia X Estate mk3 pre facelift Stardust Silver+Rust.[b] 308,000+miles, but been off the road since Nov 2019 after timing chain slipped during fuel pump transplant. Awaiting return of mojo

#143 peter scott

peter scott

???

• Members
  • 3623 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:04 Zetec130TDCi Eur3
  • Name:peter scott

Posted 24 October 2020 - 07:15 PM

Thanks Nick. I don't do many miles but stupidly drove off last week and hearing a noise that sounded like a rusty front disc I just drove on and applied the brakes but no improvement! Headed back home and discovered a broken front spring and the jagged end had gouged a nice big slot in the tyre, down to the cords.  :mad:

Peter 

F-Super Information ..................TDCi Injector Information

TDCi Injector Cleaning...............Injector Leak-Off Test

Ford ETIS........                  ..  .........Peter's other interests .............. ....

#144 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 4135 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3
  • Name:Nick

Posted 24 October 2020 - 09:17 PM

POPULAR

Ouch! It's a job you don't really want to be doing in late October either and you'll be obliged to change both front springs too. Good to see you're still driving a Mondy tho' (not currently, obviously)
  • peter scott likes this
<p><p>nicam49 2002 Mondeo TDCi Ghia X Estate mk3 pre facelift Stardust Silver+Rust.[b] 308,000+miles, but been off the road since Nov 2019 after timing chain slipped during fuel pump transplant. Awaiting return of mojo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users