Fan settings - all blow air at the windscreen - Page 2 - Air-Con / Heating (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Fan settings - all blow air at the windscreen

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Al Smal

Al Smal

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST220
  • Name:Alex Smal

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

Mine appears to be the same,  is there a guide anywhere to do this please?

#12 lee.collings

lee.collings

Gigging Muso

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 2438 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

I'm assuming the EATC doesn't have vacuum pipes to direct air flow, as it's all done electronically?

I had RB2004 come to me to check it, he replaced with another control panel and it didn't seem to fix it.. so it can't be the panel sadly.

Has anyone seen or heard from him on here recently?

Lee

2001 Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia X

Stardust Silver

#13 Exeter Mondeo Man

Exeter Mondeo Man

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk 3.5 Focus Tit
  • Name:Rod

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

Mine appears to be the same,  is there a guide anywhere to do this please?

Not sure if there's aguide, but from memory it's fairly straight forward, a Haynes manual may be of help to locate fixings.

From memory (so I may have missed a step) it's something like this:

Remove the radio - make sure you have the code

Remove the single screw on either side of the radio aperture - the screws are about an inch from the front if the panel and halfway up the height of the radio hole.

Remove the ashtray & cigar lighter & remove the screws.

Pop the caps off & remove the screws that secure the sides of the centre console.

Remove the screws from the bottom of the armrest CD/Cassette holder cubby hole and slide the centre console back a few millimeters - you don't need to move if far, just enough to access the screws on the bottom of the radio fascia panel which you need to remove.

Pull the knobs off the heater controls, they may be tight on the spindles but unless a previous owner has glued them on they *will* pull off.

If you have heated seats or TC switches below the radio push the switches out from behind, and disconnect the wiring plugs.

Gently pull the plastic panel forward, the top is held by spring clips and will pop out of their locations.

If you have electric mirrors disconnect the plug from the rear of the adjuster switch

Undo the screws holding the heater control pane and ease it forward.

Disconnect the temperature control wiring plug, and the illumination wiring plug.

Unclip the vacuum pipes from the back of the other two controls - they use the same "clip" method as the electrical connectors, you can't confuse them when you reassemble as the plugs are all different.

As Haynes say, re-assembly is the reverse of removal.

If it has t*ts or tyres .... It's gonna cost you!!

#14 Exeter Mondeo Man

Exeter Mondeo Man

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk 3.5 Focus Tit
  • Name:Rod

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

Remove the screws from the bottom of the armrest CD/Cassette holder cubby hole and slide the centre console back a few millimeters - you don't need to move if far, just enough to access the screws on the bottom of the radio fascia panel which you need to remove.

Slight correction to the above step....

The screws on the bottom of the radio fascia are the two screws bhind the ashtray & cigar lighter and will have already been removed, I should have said move the centre console back just far enough to be able to remove the radio fascia panel :)

Edited by Exeter Mondeo Man, 08 November 2013 - 01:09 AM.

If it has t*ts or tyres .... It's gonna cost you!!

#15 JJSmith

JJSmith

Mr

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK2 2.0
  • Name:Johan Smith

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:40 PM

Ok so I am a few years late to the party. I now have two MK2 Mondeo's. One 1.8 and one 2.0. Both had exactly the same problem. As described above I removed the controls and I stripped the one that sets the fan speed. Both of them has the little part described in an earlier post missing. They were never there. The lube to lube them is still sitting there untouched. Why no previous owner bothered to have it fixed I do not know.

Well what I did was I took a piece of pipe and bridged the vacuum pipes plugged into this switch. The black pipe to a white pipe. Center pipe is re-circulate (fan switch to the left)and outer is fresh air position(fan switch to the right)

At least this way all the setting works.

You should first check if the vacuum pipe attached to the inlet manifold is attached before taking your car apart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users