How to display outside air temp on a style+ fiesta - Ford Fiesta Mk1 / Mk2 / Mk3 Forum - (1976-1995) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

How to display outside air temp on a style+ fiesta

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 2009 fiesta TDCi 1.4

2009 fiesta TDCi 1.4

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Fiesta 1.4 TDCi
  • Name:Steve Aldridge

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:16 PM

Hi,
I have a question, my 2009 fiesta style+ has never had the outside air temp displayed on dash, but upon looking it does have the connector in the bumper, I got a sensor from my local ford dealer, plugged it in, and.... Nothing, I'm guessing they need to connect the ford computer to my car to enable the function.
Has anyone ever done this upgrade before? Any helpful advice you could pass on, incase my dealer doesn't know how to enable the temp sensor display?

Many thanks for any help given

#2 barrie m

barrie m

TF regular

• Members
  • 1385 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:s-max 2.5t titanium

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

i would ask your local dealer if they car check your cars central vehicle configuration to c if can b switched on 1st

i asume yours hasn't got the function button on the end of the indicator switch?

if not, then u prob need 1 of those to switch between trip, temp etc aswell

#3 2009 fiesta TDCi 1.4

2009 fiesta TDCi 1.4

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Fiesta 1.4 TDCi
  • Name:Steve Aldridge

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, your correct no multiple function stalk, but I wouldn't think I need that, temp is permanently displayed at top of dash, the button on stalk is for cycling through trip computer functions, which I don't have, I just want the outside temp
It should come standard on all cars these days I think, such a handy thing to have

Thanks for your speedy reply

#4 barrie m

barrie m

TF regular

• Members
  • 1385 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:s-max 2.5t titanium

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

looked at 1 today quickly with trip function and temp is displayed all time and u use the trip switch to go between mileage, trip etc so i'm guessing u will need a switch and reconfiguration if it can b done

u could try pluging sensor in and c but going to b trail and error

#5 BobbyBCFC

BobbyBCFC

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Fiesta 59
  • Name:Bobby

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Yeah, your correct no multiple function stalk, but I wouldn't think I need that, temp is permanently displayed at top of dash, the button on stalk is for cycling through trip computer functions, which I don't have, I just want the outside temp
It should come standard on all cars these days I think, such a handy thing to have

Thanks for your speedy reply

Did you ever get this sorted if so what steps did you take?

i.e. Where the sensor was purchased? How you activated the screen?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users