A bit about yourself... - Page 3 - Off-Topic - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

A bit about yourself...

• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

#21 StripeyMiata

StripeyMiata

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:48 PM

My Name - Jonathan

Age - 35 (second oldest I think on the forum ;) )

Location - Lisburn, Northern Ireland

ka - Jan 2004 SportKa SE (called Spook)

Interests - Racing (on track, not traffic lights) :P , XBOX Live Racing (badly) and spending far much time talking bollocks on the internet.

Jonathan

Posted Image

#22 Lorenzo1308829931

Lorenzo1308829931

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 09:49 PM

Okay, okay, don't rub it in about the age thing!! :oops: That's me who's the OAP on page 2 of this thread (was j_lawrence_29, but had to re-register with a new nickname - see elsewhere in this forum). I can see from most people's details that the SK has not really caught on with the more - ahem - mature driver. If they'd been around in my 20's I'd certainly have bought one then, but had to make do with a Suzuki SC100 which had the "cute-little-car" factor - pity it had a dinky lawnmower-sized engine to match. :roll:

Jane :wink:

#23 StripeyMiata

StripeyMiata

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 10:30 PM

Nothing to be shamed about the Suzuki SC100, it's now regarded as a cool classic car so I guess you where ahead of the times. :)

As for the popularity of the StreetKa with younger drivers, I guess it's insurance really. It's quite a low group compaired with the 206CC, Copen and MX5.

Jonathan

Posted Image

#24 streetka22

streetka22

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 10:37 PM

Thats one of the main reasons why i picked the SK over a Type R or anything else, bacause of the insurance. :P

#25 streetka22

streetka22

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 10:41 PM

I've checked and i'm the only Stka owner in their 20's! Maybe thats why i still live with my mum, the big sponge that i am. :oops:

#26 StripeyMiata

StripeyMiata

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 10:47 PM

Thats one of the main reasons why i picked the SK over a Type R or anything else, bacause of the insurance. :P

Not to mention the Type-R looks like a van ;)

I drove a Type-R at the Nurburgring last September and thought it was torqueless and the seating position was far too high for a "sports car". Fast in a straight line, but I never trusted it around corners, had a bit of a floaty back end with lift-off oversteer I thought. The 6000 Rev "turbo" effect was fun though.

Jonathan

Posted Image

Edited to remove swearing :oops:

#27 streetka22

streetka22

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 10:50 PM

I've always thought they're a bit people carriery, no ones ever let me live it down for buying a Stka over one. I think they're mad.

#28 StripeyMiata

StripeyMiata

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:07 PM

Sod them, it's all to with coolness :D

20 years from now the StreetKa wll be seen as a cool niche product of it's day, much like the Suzuki Cappicinio is seen now.

20 years from the Civic Type-R will be see as a crappy attempt to look cool by sticking a big engine in a OK chassis, much like the MG Montego is seen now

Jonathan

Posted Image

#29 streetka22

streetka22

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:11 PM

Bless ya, i agree! No one thinks wow look a 205 Gti! :D

#30 Amazza

Amazza

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:31 AM

Name - Amanda Harrigan
Aka TweetyKa on klub forum

Age - 19

Location - Fife Scotland

ka - Yellow Ltd Edition Millenium Ka Collection, Mods - not much, but i've just started hehe - gear knob, front 6x8s back 6x9s, wee yellow ball on aerial, chrome number plate surrounds, smoked side repeaters.

Interests - Ka, Shopping, Internet, Clubbing, Driving, Celtic FC

Msn / Yahoo mesg - [email protected] - add me please :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users