News Feed (View All Updates)
Vanadeo has posted in Recon rack problem. in Suspension / Wheels / Brakes / Steering (Mk3 Mondeo).
Today, 06:56 AM
steffenbk has started Good front Anti Roll Bar Link / Sway Bar Link to buy? in Mondeo Mk4 General Discussion.
Today, 06:19 AM
heater matrix removal on mondeo mk2
Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:43 PM
Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:06 PM
Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:32 PM
Thanks. Its certainly strange. Were your clips in the the engine compartment.? So when you pull the lower casing forward does the matrix come with it. regards Nigel
Yes, the matrix drops down with the lower casing - it's fixed to the lower half.
My lower casing struggles to stay up, let alone not come down.
Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:45 PM
1) Disconnect coolant hoses from heater matrix in engine bay compartment (the clips on mine were inside the cabin).
2) Remove the trim panels from each footwell, just in front of the centre console. Each panel is secured by two screws. If additional clearance is required, the centre console can be removed as well, but this is not essential.
3) Remove the single screw to release the air duct in the base of the heater unit and retract it..
4) Remove the three Torx-type screws (size T20) securing the air distributor to the heater bottom cover, then release the clips. There is a single plastic clip on each side, and additional metal clips may be found. Withdraw the air distributor.
5) Release the clips - there are two plastic clips on each side and additional metal clips may be found - then withdraw the heater units bottom cover complete with the matrix
Reading through the book and looking in my car (with the torch), I don't have step 4 - there are no Torx-type screws or air distributor to the heater bottom cover. It's all one unit with the matrix inside.
So step 4 may be what you're missing.
I never used the book to take mine apart as there wasn't a lot holding it to the upper housing in the first place.
Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:07 AM
I know about the lower extra air duct casing with the 3 screws I've got 2 of those out the 3rd well...how the hell your supposed to remove the 3rd I don't know.I can't even get my fingers in with the little torque screw end to put it into position. Many many thanks for the work 93 Mondy. I'll try get this lower casing outregards Nigel 1804.
Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:24 PM
Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:40 PM
Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:00 PM
Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:46 PM
Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:29 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users