heater matrix removal on mondeo mk2 - Page 2 - Air-Con / Heating (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

heater matrix removal on mondeo mk2

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 ndr1804

ndr1804

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ford
  • Name:nigel rosendale

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:00 PM

Don't know how to detach this any ideas anyone regards nigel 1804 12032011778.jpg

#12 MaxD

MaxD

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK5

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:56 PM

That's part of the lower housing. You can see the grommet between chassis and housing - it's a square section of foam. The 2 hoses from the matrix enter at this point.

You need to pull the lower housing forward to release it from the lip of the upper housing. It will then drop down. The screws you see on the underside are for securing the pipework inside.

5: Foam grommet

Posted Image

#13 ndr1804

ndr1804

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:44 PM

hi I have tried to pull the lower housing forward but it still doesn't move. will the gromit that the red arrow is touching come away or does the shiny vent like looking thing come away.rewgards Nigel 1804. many thanks once again.

#14 MaxD

MaxD

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

The grommet is just a square section of foam and the shiny vent is part of the lower housing.

Maybe it's time to look in the engine bay and see if the hoses are fouling on anything stopping the lower housing being pulled forward.

With all the clips undone/cable ties off and with the column at the front fully raised, the lower housing should at least have dropped several mm.

In the pictures you've provided, I can't see anything that could be causing a problem.

#15 ndr1804

ndr1804

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:06 AM

I notice that looking under the engine up to the bulkhead where the pipes enter there are two of those horrible spring hoseclips on the engine side of the bulk head. No one has yet mentioned in their description about

having to undo the clips until they have got the matrix out. Might it be that I have to undo the clips there first (if I can get to them) and take off the rubber hoses from there.I thought the clips connecting the metal pipes of

the matrix to the rubber pipes were on the inside of the lower casing..........? Basically what I'm saying is ..I think the rubber pipes might join the metal on the engine side....What do you think??? ...What ever this thing

won't budge enough to be able to get the matrix out

Many thanks for your time and concern .Regards Nigel

Attached Thumbnails

• 14032011782.jpg

#16 ndr1804

ndr1804

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:19 AM

the above picture shows how far it will drop.but see how the matrix tends to slope.???

#17 ndr1804

ndr1804

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:39 AM

I've tried to level the matrix to fit into lower box .......because realising now that the matrix could be stropping it coming forward....mmmmmmmgoing to try now......

#18 ndr1804

ndr1804

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:08 PM

this is as far as it will go. Can't see any fixings on bulk head either from engine side or the passenger cabin side.

Attached Thumbnails

• 14032011784.jpg

#19 ndr1804

ndr1804

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

14032011788.jpg

#20 MaxD

MaxD

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:29 PM

The matrix is at the angle you can see it at - it's just how it is.

Those hose clips could be fouling on the bulkhead. It's about all that's left that could be restraining the matrix.

I replaced the hoses as mine were shot and got rid of those horrible spring clips - I now use a pair of Jubilee clips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users