heater probs mondeo mk2 - Page 2 - Air-Con / Heating (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

heater probs mondeo mk2

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Hillsy

Hillsy

Hillsy

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:1997 1.8td LX

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

That's what I was getting at in my first reply. The wire will have a kink in it,you can bend it straight,but it might not last long.

Are you talking about the cable that is attached to the back of the dial which then feeds down to the white plastic leaver and cog in the drivers footwell. Just trying to make sure that there is not another cable as it seems i have the same problem. :( .

Do you know how much this cable costs and how easy it is to replace???

Thanks

#12 stevieb12345

stevieb12345

MEG Admiral

• Global Moderator
  • 5649 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo TXS

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:41 PM

Yeah that's the one. Not sure how much they cost and you it isn't hard to change but you do need to remove quite a bit of the dash. If you look in the wiki I've made a guide on how to remove the dash parts and radio surround.

#13 Hillsy

Hillsy

Hillsy

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

POPULAR

Thanks for the confirmation. I shall try to get this sorted at the weekend. If i do ill create a photo diary of how it is done.
  • Mrmacc likes this

#14 Mrmacc

Mrmacc

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

Yes,that would be great to write whole procedure about heating problem, and can you please post some image of matrix etc. so we can easy fix heating problem.

#15 Mrmacc

Mrmacc

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:42 PM

is heater matrix inside heater unit behind passengers glovebox?

#16 MaxD

MaxD

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK5

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

POPULAR

is heater matrix inside heater unit behind passengers glovebox?

No, it's behind the centre console panel. You'll need to remove the lower plastic covers to gain access to the matrix housing.

1 / 2: Clips holding upper and lower halves of the housing together. You'll find 2 on each side - 1 at the front and 1 on the corners. There could be a fifth on the front, but I can't remember. Either way, they're a pig not to break!
3: Good cable ties points - which I now use as the original clips broke as they were very brittle
4: Duct for rear passenger foot wells - held in place with 1 cross head screw. It slides up giving you enough access to remove the lower half of the housing.

Posted Image

• Mrmacc likes this

#17 Mrmacc

Mrmacc

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

wow, thanks man, now i know whrer is it, thanks you very much :)

#18 Mrmacc

Mrmacc

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:13 PM

on my unit i see something like glue, is it made by factory or someone already repaired this unit?

on my mondeo i can see only one clip1. i am not sure is another clip marker with ?clip??
what about glue, is there way to remove whole unit, and later do separate that two parts connected with glue?

Attached Thumbnails

• 68.jpg

#19 MaxD

MaxD

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK5

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:22 PM

POPULAR

on my unit i see something like glue, is it made by factory or someone already repaired this unit?

on my mondeo i can see only one clip1. i am not sure is another clip marker with ?clip??
what about glue, is there way to remove whole unit, and later do separate that two parts connected with glue?

There shouldn't be any glue.... The clips you have are where I use cable ties! To remove the entire unit, you will need remove the dash which you don't want to do this time of year.
  • Mrmacc likes this

#20 Hillsy

Hillsy

Hillsy

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:24 AM

POPULAR

I will take photo's of it all the issue i have at the moment is getting a hold of one of these cables from ford. They showed me the blow up diagram, but it didnt show it. Antone know what the cable part number is. As soon as i find it i can crack on and get this set up as a wiki. Got a new camera the other day so i want to use it lol. :woot:
  • Mrmacc likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users