heater probs mondeo mk2 - Air-Con / Heating (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

heater probs mondeo mk2

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 vinocenzo

vinocenzo

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:35 PM

heater blowing just luke warm air it does not get really hot, have changed thermostat, and flushed cooling system

#2 stevieb12345

stevieb12345

MEG Admiral

• Global Moderator
  • 5649 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo TXS

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:11 PM

What age is the car and does the heat dial move freely from hot to cold?

#3 MaxD

MaxD

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK5

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:19 AM

How about the heater matrix...? When you have the car running and it's up to temp, if you have the undercover section removed, you should be able to feel the heat from the matrix.

#4 vinocenzo

vinocenzo

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:46 AM

The heat dial is working fine, I've been in the footwell and the cable is attached to the cogs and working fine

#5 vinocenzo

vinocenzo

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:50 AM

Have not looked at the matrix yet was trying to eliminate easy probs first , does getting to the matrix require the dashboard to be taken off?

#6 MaxD

MaxD

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:45 PM

POPULAR

Have not looked at the matrix yet was trying to eliminate easy probs first , does getting to the matrix require the dashboard to be taken off?

No, it's a very simple procedure.
To get at the matrix, you just need to remove the 2 lower panels on the dash - held on by 2 screws. Then the matrix plastic casing is held on with a set of clips.
The lower section should just drop down exposing the matrix - you may need to have a set of cable ties to hand as the plastic the clips attach to tend to break.

It's also worth checking if the matrix is losing fluid as the hoses tend to go super soft - look out for blue/green build up on the metal pipes (these extend out the back of the plastic casing). It may be very minor, but it's worth knowing. :)
  • Mrmacc likes this

#7 Batdragon

Batdragon

Big Megger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

i had something similar with mine. it turned out that the cable going to the heater control "flap" leaver (want of a better word) in the foot well was bent and not pushing it fully to the end. have you tried popping off the cable from the flap (it will go to the cold selection automatically as it is sprung) push the leaver forward fully and see if the heating temp changes.

it is a quick test though remember to set the heating to come out of the footwell so you are not trying to reach up with your hand, also make sure the engine is up to temp.

hope it is something this simple as it is a lot cheaper to change the cable than the matrix

BD
Ford Mondeo Mk2 97 TD (216K on the clock)
Upgrade's : Tape now a CD

If i got SMART with you, how would you know?
A wise man speaks because he has something to say, an Idiot speaks because he has to say something.
Best way to wind someone up is to tell them to "Calm down!"

#8 MaxD

MaxD

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

i had something similar with mine. it turned out that the cable going to the heater control "flap" leaver (want of a better word) in the foot well was bent and not pushing it fully to the end. have you tried popping off the cable from the flap (it will go to the cold selection automatically as it is sprung) push the leaver forward fully and see if the heating temp changes.

it is a quick test though remember to set the heating to come out of the footwell so you are not trying to reach up with your hand, also make sure the engine is up to temp.

hope it is something this simple as it is a lot cheaper to change the cable than the matrix

BD

It's a piece of p1ss to change the matrix! It just takes some time and a bit of cash if you need to replace it. :)

#9 vinocenzo

vinocenzo

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:48 PM

I think it's the cable from the heater control
Knob, when turning I've noticed the the cogs move quite some distance to cold but when turn to hot the range of motion is not quite as far,

#10 stevieb12345

stevieb12345

MEG Admiral

• Global Moderator
  • 5649 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo TXS

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:58 PM

That's what I was getting at in my first reply. The wire will have a kink in it,you can bend it straight,but it might not last long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users