Ford Automobiles Forum banner

philmons ST24

9K views 60 replies 12 participants last post by  philmon 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well this is the car i'm picking up on wednesday 11th August,It needs a lot of work but i don't think i'd want a car that did'nt need some TLC.
on the "To do" list for the next month:-
rsap kit
change alloys
tidy bodywork up
fit blackeyes
clear side repeaters
valet inside
all these are coming off my old mk2.

#2 ·
always good to start with a blank canvas

#15 ·
any pics fella?

#20 ·
looking very nice matey, you just gotta boot it down the m6 now

#24 ·
Well thanks to my brains (negotiable) and Carls muscles i have a working car again.The linkage (the inner ring that slots onto the pin) at gearbox end had come away and bounced merrily down the road never to be seen again,so went to the scrappy and sourced another one,2 hours later and the gears are working again,total cost of fix £2.Ford wanted a lot more and told me that i would need to change the entire linkages.
Once again thanks Carl for all of your help ,and i hope you get your car back on the road soon

#26 ·
how hard were the wishbones to fit\?? is it your car that has the paint problem??

#27 ·
the hardest thing about changing the wishbones is the one on the gearbox side ,the bolt has to be cut so it can be removed and then the new bolt is put in the opposite way, Carl did mine on my old car,and he'll be doing them again on the st. Yep my car has loads of scratches,already changed the bonnet but will be getting car resprayed in the near future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.