Air con faultfinding - Air-Con / Heating (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Air con faultfinding

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 busybusybee

busybusybee

Megger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo TDCi 2010

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

Have a mk2 that has air con, had it quite some years and the air con has never worked, had it regassed it hold's pressure and im sure the pump kicks in but never get's cold, any idea on how i can narrow this down to one item?? cheer's.
Does anyone actually read these???

#2 keithd

keithd

Little Megger

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

First of all you need to be sure that the clutch is actually engaging. Look at the compressor with the a/c switched on and check that the clutch plate engages and spins, then disengages and then engages again.

#3 cozmium

cozmium

Always busy with something...

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondy Mk1 Ghia X 4x4

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:24 AM

Like keithd says, you need to be absolutely sure the clutch is coming on - it'll make an audible 'clunk' and the end (which has 3 or 4 nodules sticking out) will spin too - disengaged it acts as nothing more than a pulley, and the clutch with the sticky-out nodule bits will be stationary.

If it IS moving and you know it's gassed apropriately and you don't get cold air, my advice is to absolutely not use it; it would pretty much mean it's totally blocked somewhere, and i'm not sure even the most rampant of 'air con black death' mould could cause that.

I'm suspecting however, if it's been sitting there not used, you likely have a pressure switch that has died and got 'stuck' or the clutch itself. Keep in mind that if even one component isn't doing what it should, the clutch will never engage becuase it gets its supply on an electrical ring passing through all the switches.

Tre.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users