Air Conditioning Condensor Replacement - Page 2 - Air-Con / Heating (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Air Conditioning Condensor Replacement

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 James_C

James_C

Little Megger

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:04 PM

Nice guide. I'll be tackling my ST200's one at the weekend. Didn't know it was holed until I tried getting it regassed.

#12 Andy-D

Andy-D

Big Megger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

Cheers for the positive feedback guys, makes going to the extra effort of taking the photos worth it!

Just to let you know if you're still not sure about doing it yourself, I was quote the best part of £100 for the condensor and £200+ for labour as apparently the radiator needs to come out and the fluid drained... yadda, yadda! Don't swallow it, it really is about an hours worth of work on your back and is thoroughly worth it when you get your system re-gassed.

Only problem I have now is the compressor kicks in and out and it's constantly in while driving, often causing some quite interesting driving sensations. Any clues? Someone told me there may be too much gas in my system?
My other car is a Camaro

#13 dynamite

dynamite

Little Megger

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:27 PM

Andy,
Since having mine re-gassed after replacing the condensor I also hear my compressor clicking in and out and every time i look under the bonnet the compressor is on.
The air con works ok so I assume thats how they are.

Would like to know for definate though if anyone out there knows.

#14 James_C

James_C

Little Megger

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

I finally had the time & good weather to get mine done this weekend. I actually managed to do mine without having to undo the radiator bottom mounts, since they'd absolutely rusted solid & the bolt heads were rounding off. I bought a pattern condensor that had a removeable bottom mounting plate held on with 4 bolts. I removed that then I had just enough space to get the new condensor in and then refit the bottom mount in situ with the condensor supported on it's upper mounts. Oh, and the old one came out the same way as the bottom was no longer part of the unit due to rust lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users