How To Retrofit BT/VC to the 6000cd - Page 3 - In-Car Entertainment (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

Photo

How To Retrofit BT/VC to the 6000cd

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#21 Buffalo

Buffalo

Little Megger

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:41 PM

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I will check to see which BT module/connector is fitted as you suggest. Am I right in thinking that the actual aux socket itself is wired into the "loop" connector that was shown earlier in this thread? If so, why are there not 3 wires being looped back to match the 3 wires from the aux socket (I imagine I've got the wrong end of the stick). Does the socket in the picture connect the AUX socket to the radio?

If I have the 22 pin socket, do I just need to buy an alternative loom that plugs into the 22 pin socket and has a USB and an aux connector on the other end?

Thanks again.

#22 Buffalo

Buffalo

Little Megger

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:09 AM

Please ignore my last post, it was a long day. I think I better understand what's required now. Could you just confirm that the following is correct for adding USB to a July 08 Sony 6CD (NON-DAB) unit that came factory fitted with BT/VR:

- If the 7S7T BT module is installed
  • Cut wires from harness to glovebox Aux connector
  • Extend the wires that come from the harness and connect to BT pins 23, 6 and 5 (are these pins not connected to anything initially?)
  • Connect the wires from the glovebox aux connector to BT pins 19, 38 and 39
  • Replace the BT module with the 8M5T-19C112-AL or AM version

Is any kind of update the the Sony unit required to enable USB?
Is any other software update to the car required?
Is the ground loop isolator mentioned elsewhere required after this mod?

- If the 8M5T BT module is installed

Again, in this case, Is any kind of update the the Sony unit required to enable USB? Is any other software update to the car required?

Thanks for your help with my noobie questions.

#23 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 899 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk4.5 Tit

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

- If the 7S7T BT module is installed

• Cut wires from harness to glovebox Aux connector
  • Extend the wires that come from the harness and connect to BT pins 23, 6 and 5 (are these pins not connected to anything initially?)
    CORRECT (NO)
  • Connect the wires from the glovebox aux connector to BT pins 19, 38 and 39
    WRONG 19,38 and 37.
CORRECT
Is any kind of update the the Sony unit required to enable USB?
NO.
NO.
Is the ground loop isolator mentioned elsewhere required after this mod?
MAYBE, but do the wiring mod. then check to see if gli is needed (so far only reports concern the DVD nav setup).

- If the 8M5T BT module is installed
CORRECT

Again, in this case, Is any kind of update the the Sony unit required to enable USB?
NO.
NO.
Thanks for your help with my noobie questions.

Intentional capitals, I'm not shouting.

You will also need :-
Aux/USB Cables: 1543691 and 1543450
Glove box plastic bezel: 1550778
Y splitter: 1529487 (only if you want to use an ipod)

Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Focus mk3 125ps Candy Red with city pack

Mondeo mk4.5 Titanium

#24 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

Artilleryman,

Thanks for all your work on this stuff so far........wonder if you can clarify something for me.

I am about to retrofit USB to my September/October built Titanium X with Sony DAB unit.

Since I already have the DAB stereo, voice control and SRM, is it true I only need to swap the USB module over and wire in the USB socket?

If it is, can you tell me what part numbers you used?

Cheers,

Gareth

Yes.

Apart from the BT module, you will also require :-

BT module 8M5T-19C112-AL (or AM if available)
Aux/USB Cables: 1543691 and 1543450
Glove box plastic bezel: 1550778
Y splitter: 1529487 (only if you wish to use an ipod).

Apart from the BT module all no's are finis no.
This is to ensure easy identification of the BT module (can be worked out from part no. but not from finis no.).

Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Mondeo mk4.5 Titanium

#25 Buffalo

Buffalo

Little Megger

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:55 PM

Many thanks, I think I understand what's needed now.

I do have a couple of other questions that I've not seen answered elsewhere ...

Firstly, once the mods have been made for a non-dab unit, would a future upgrade to a DAB unit then be no more than swapping the unit over? I understand the issues that you have regarding the need to have the unit upgraded by a dealer, but other than this would my setup be ready for such a change?

Secondly, there is still a connection from pins 1 and 2 to a mono input on the head unit (albeit not driven by the new BT module). Is there any possibility of the head unit selecting this input, or does it 'know' not to because of the updated BT module?

Finally, when wiring up to the new pins on the BT module, should any existing connections (if any) to those pins be retained?

Cheers,
Dave

#26 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:33 AM

Many thanks, I think I understand what's needed now.

I do have a couple of other questions that I've not seen answered elsewhere ...

Firstly, once the mods have been made for a non-dab unit, would a future upgrade to a DAB unit then be no more than swapping the unit over? I understand the issues that you have regarding the need to have the unit upgraded by a dealer, but other than this would my setup be ready for such a change?

Secondly, there is still a connection from pins 1 and 2 to a mono input on the head unit (albeit not driven by the new BT module). Is there any possibility of the head unit selecting this input, or does it 'know' not to because of the updated BT module?

Finally, when wiring up to the new pins on the BT module, should any existing connections (if any) to those pins be retained?

Cheers,
Dave

Sony DAB
You would also need to change :-
Aerial base,aerial rod and the 2 leads from aerial to stereo. Parts cost about £40.

Mono connection
I've left the connections in place (ocassionaly I need to use the 6000cd), there is only a stereo output from the new BT module and the Sony seems inteligent enough to work out what is being sent to it.

Finally
The stereo input/output is only used on the later 8M5T module, so the pins aren't used until now, hence the need to buy RC connecters.

Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Mondeo mk4.5 Titanium

#27 silo24

silo24

Big Megger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:45 PM

Artilleryman,

Thanks for that list, that's ideal.....

On the BT/VC module, is the AM part code the one with A2DP Bluetooth streaming capability?
Mondeo 5DR Hatch 2.0TDCi Titanium X w. Bi-Xenons, Sports Pack, DAB, Keyless Entry and not forgetting.......Sunblinds!

Oh, also Tuned by CELTIC TUNING!

#28 Buffalo

Buffalo

Little Megger

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:26 PM

The stereo input/output is only used on the later 8M5T module, so the pins aren't used until now, hence the need to buy RC connecters.

Thanks again! Just wondered if you could confirm the details of the rc connectors that you refer to. I saw that in a previous post you mentioned that they are "Radio control FEMALE 3 pin connecter (ROBBE, FUTABA, SANWA)". Is 3 pin correct or should it be 3mm? I've just done a quick search and can't find them! Are they sold at places like Halfords?

Cheers.

#29 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

Artilleryman,

Thanks for that list, that's ideal.....

On the BT/VC module, is the AM part code the one with A2DP Bluetooth streaming capability?

Hopefully someone with knowledge of A2DP will know.
As far as I know the AM suffix module is only a minor upgrade - not sure what though.

Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Mondeo mk4.5 Titanium

#30 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:47 PM

Thanks again! Just wondered if you could confirm the details of the rc connectors that you refer to. I saw that in a previous post you mentioned that they are "Radio control FEMALE 3 pin connecter (ROBBE, FUTABA, SANWA)". Is 3 pin correct or should it be 3mm? I've just done a quick search and can't find them! Are they sold at places like Halfords?

Cheers.

Definately not Halfords, try your local radio control model shop.
Link here to Ripmax :-
http://www.ripmax.co...ategory=110-050

to show you what you need, although you'll only need 6 female pins (ends).

There's a photo further up - yellow wire with terminal fitted.

Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Mondeo mk4.5 Titanium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users