How To Retrofit BT/VC to the 6000cd - Page 2 - In-Car Entertainment (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

Photo

How To Retrofit BT/VC to the 6000cd

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:26 PM

That plug is for the alarm. If you look at this :-

http://www.fordmonde...php?tid/799115/

you will see the plug, at the bottom left corner.

The microphone wiring comes as part of the alarm harness and should be there somewhere, a male version of the plug on the of the microphone.
It's normaly stowed in a socket in the light console, if not in use.

Ok Thanks for info. I was thinking it's for microphone because I've found it exactly in the place you mentioned, just beside place for microphone. Will remove the overhead console again and try to locate proper plug.

Regards,
Z.

BTW: it's strange that this plug for alarm is not connected, My car has factory fitted alarm and it works.

#12 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 899 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk4.5 Tit

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:14 PM

When you take out the light, does it have the cobra unit as per earlier photo? this is the internal movement senser.

Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Focus mk3 125ps Candy Red with city pack

Mondeo mk4.5 Titanium

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

Hi,

I believe pictures make any instruction easier to read and understand. So I've prepared more visual version of "The Artilleryman" one.
Because it is quite big (500KB), I cannot attach it to this post (restrictions excided). So if someone is interesed it is located here

It isn't fully finished at the moment as I stucked on point 6 - simply cannot find proper mic-loom. I've tried 2 times with no luck :(

Z.

#14 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

Remember I'm retro fitting an RHD car, so the mic/alarm harness maybe on the other side. If there are no wires down from the microphone, just extend wires from the harness.

Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Mondeo mk4.5 Titanium

#15 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

One point I'd like to add, is that it's a wire to pin C4-12 Mic, White plug bottom right pin - viewed from rear (and C4-6) that will indicate you have wiring already in place. Mic ground is sometimes set to other pins.

Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Mondeo mk4.5 Titanium

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:00 PM

Remember I'm retro fitting an RHD car, so the mic/alarm harness maybe on the other side. If there are no wires down from the microphone, just extend wires from the harness.

Good point. :D
I was thinking a while ago about the sense of the sentence "In the passenger foot well behind the carpet, just in
front of the bonnet release..."

Now it's clear. In LHD it's on driver side. :)

Regards,
Z.

#17 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

Important Notes and some photos

1. This “ How to” is for UK (RHD) Mondeo’s and some things may be on the other side of the car for European spec Mondeo’s.
2. SRM (and ACM)
It would appear that Speech Recognition Module (and Audio Command Module) are downloaded to the car as standard at the factory, therefore any sterio that was fitted as the car went along the production line should be OK.
Any stereo’s that have been replaced under warranty, it will depend on whether the dealer downloaded SRM from the IDS.
Any Stereo (Ford/Sony) bought from a Ford dealer, I would expect them to load SRM foc as you have already paid an arm and a leg for it.
Any steeo bought NEW from another well known source, it is unlikely to have SRM loaded and you will need to budget for this to be downloaded from the IDS, my local dealers are quoting a 1 hour labour charge for this, that’s over £100. My 6000cd works perfectly, but my Sony 6cd + DAB won’t work with either module (7S7T or 8M5T), leading me to the conclusion that SRM is downloaded to the stereo, not the GEM or BT module.

3. USB
It is unlikely that you will be able to use the later spec. BT/VC module (8M5T-19C112-AL) as the firmware in your stereo will be too old and it’s very unlikely that Ford have released the firmware to dealers to upgrade stereo’s – and I doubt the technician’s ability to do it correctly anyway.
Firmware 05-04-02 does support USB.

4. Sony 1cd and 6cd (NON DAB)
The microphone is wired direct to the stereo, so you will need to cut the mirophone wires close the junction in the harness and connect using Radio Control connecters (ROBBE, Futaba or Sanwa) - remove from plastic plug and solder to wires - mic+ to C12 (white plug in quadlock) and mic- to C6 (audio ground). The harness end of the wires need to be extended and connected to C3 & C9 ensuring that C3 connects to pin 3 BT module, C9 to pin 4 BT module. YOU WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY GET A WHINE WHEN USING AUX.

5. Sony 1cd and 6cd DAB
This requires the later BT module (8M5T-19G488-xx).
The microphone is wired direct to the stereo, so you will need to cut the mirophone wires close the junction in the harness and connect using Radio Control connecters (ROBBE, Futaba or Sanwa) - remove from plastic plug and solder to wires - mic+ to C12 (white plug in quadlock) and mic- to C10. The harness end of the wires need to be extended and connected to C3 & C9 ensuring that C3 connects to pin 3 BT module, C9 to pin 4 BT module. Remove B1 (black plug in quadlock) and B7 from plug and insulate – DO NOT CUT THE WIRES.
Next cut the AUX socket wire, half way between the plug and the insulation around the wires, extend the harness end and connect to BT pins :-
23 - audio ground, 6 - R line out, 5 - L line out.

Extend the plug end and connect to BT pins :-
19 – audio ground, 38 - R line in, 39 – L line in.

Posted Image
Post is the mounting point for the BT module, the clips hold the insert panel into the dash.

Posted Image
BT module location (the extra wires are from the rewiring of the AUX socket)

Posted Image
Photo of new harness.

Posted Image
connector and wire.

I had intended to do a "How To" covering the later Ford/Sony 6cd am/fm + DAB on a pre 08/2008 non BT/VC car with the intention of fitting this later stereo and having USB connectivity – BT/VC would be a bonus not the reason for doing this upgrade – and as such
YES, I can bond a phone, YES I can receive calls, YES I can hear the incoming calls through the car speakers, YES I can dial out, BUT I have no speech due to SRM needing to be downloaded from the IDS to my car – my local dealers are quoting
1 hours labour (£100+) for a 15-20 minute job – and I am not prepared to pay this for something I will very rarely use (don’t own a mobile phone, wife does though).

So this will be as far as I go, unless I can find somebody with an IDS who has reasonable charges.

Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Mondeo mk4.5 Titanium

#18 Buffalo

Buffalo

Little Megger

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

Hi Artilleryman and others,

I'm just about to take delivery of a Titanium X that was built in the second week of July '08. The car is equipped with the Sony 6CD unit and BT/VC but I'd like to have USB/iPod functionality. I've read through this thread and several others than run to 30 pages or so and my head is spinning :susel: !

All the excellent information that I've come across seems to relate to cars that don't start out life with BT already available. Please could you let me know if it's posible to add a USB capability to my setup and if any changes made would then work if I later update the Sony unit to the DAB version.

Sorry if this is already answered somewhere else.

#19 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

Firstly you need to confirm that you have the early version wiring for the AUX socket. To do this you need to remove the glove box and check that the plug with looped wire is 8 pin (http://www.fordmonde...p?post/1681126/) in which case you will need to modify your AUX socket wiring as follows :-
Cut the AUX socket wire, half way between the plug and the insulation around the wires, extend the harness end and connect to BT pins :-
23 - audio ground, 6 - R line out, 5 - L line out.

Extend the plug end and connect to BT pins :-
19 – audio ground, 38 - R line in, 39 – L line in.
using the latest BT + USB module 8M5T-19C112-AL (or AM if available).

If you have a 22 pin socket and plug no mods. required.

The other way is to check the BT module part no. - still need to remove glove box though.

7S7T-19G488-xx you will need to mod the wires.
8M5T-19G488-xx you won't.

Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Mondeo mk4.5 Titanium

#20 silo24

silo24

Big Megger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

Artilleryman,

Thanks for all your work on this stuff so far........wonder if you can clarify something for me.

I am about to retrofit USB to my September/October built Titanium X with Sony DAB unit.

Since I already have the DAB stereo, voice control and SRM, is it true I only need to swap the USB module over and wire in the USB socket?

If it is, can you tell me what part numbers you used?

Cheers,

Gareth
Mondeo 5DR Hatch 2.0TDCi Titanium X w. Bi-Xenons, Sports Pack, DAB, Keyless Entry and not forgetting.......Sunblinds!

Oh, also Tuned by CELTIC TUNING!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users