How To Retrofit BT/VC to the 6000cd - In-Car Entertainment (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

How To Retrofit BT/VC to the 6000cd

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 899 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk4.5 Tit

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

POPULAR

This “How To” only covers retrofitting BT/VC to the 6000cd.
See Notes for other combinations.

There are cheaper ways of doing this i.e. Parrott

Parts Required

1467152 Jumper wiring (focus) or 1429802 Jumper wiring (fiesta)
1506957 (7S7T-19G488-AE) BT/VC module
1428699 Screw, torx 4.8 x 19mm
1252666 Microphone
1507180 Switch Assy – control (indicator switch-with voice button)

I used the Focus wiring although I’m told that the Fiesta wiring is the same except the microphone wire is shorter (not an issue here) and is about half the cost of the Focus wiring.

Let the fun begin

1. Make sure you have the Key Code for your stereo.

2. Disconnect battery.

3. Remove the overhead console (interior light)
Using a small screwdriver, push in the small slot situated behind the interior mirror, this will release the light assembly. Undo the 2 torx screws, slid console forward and down.
Install microphone in console with “→speaker “ pointing towards drivers seat.
The plug for the wiring is next to the microphone hole, connect to microphone.
Reinstall console ensuring the lugs at the back and the sides of the console engage on the alloy hoop on roof lining.
Refit light assembly.

4. Remove stereo
First lift the arm rest (or whatever it's called), then gently pull up the centre console, starting by the cup holder - you will find a join line inside the cup holder, pull on this and centre consul will come up (makes a horrible noise first time you do it) working forward towards the ash tray.

Next remove the 2 triangle's in the stereo surround (small electrical screwdriver), then undo the 2 torx screws on either side and the 2 at the bottom, pull panel forward a small amount and disconnect the three switches at the top, pull the panel forward some more and disconnect the 2 plugs from the climate control, place panel securely out of the way.
Undo the 4 torx screws slid stereo forward, disconnect quadlock plug and aerial.

5. Remove glove box
Undo the 4 torx screws around the front and the two 10mm AF bolts inside.
Slide glove box forward, disconnecting the glove box light, AUX socket and plug stowed on the right side of box.

6. Installing Wiring
Thread the microphone wires and the BT wires down through the stereo frame so that they come out in the hole where the glove box was. Connect the male quadlock to the existing harness and stow this under the stereo frame (behind the aircon controls). Connect the new harness to the 6000cd and reinstall – do not force the stereo into place, if it won’t go back far enough, you have trapped the harness between the stereo and the rear of the frame.

Looking up under the dash, locate the oblong lip, with a plastic post towards one end - it’s behind the plastic piece on the dash, towards the centre of the car – this is where the BT/VC module mounts.
Thread the BT cable up to there and connect to the BT module, then mount the module using screw 1428699.

In the passenger foot well behind the carpet, just in front of the bonnet release you will find a grey multi pin connecter. The top 2 wires on one side should be Blue/red and Brown/red – without connections on the other side of the connecter – these are the microphone wires. Thread the harness wire along the bulk head to here. You will now need to strip back the cotton covering on the wires so you have enough slack to allow you to scotch lock the wires together. Harness Black wire to the Blue/red wire and White/red to the Brown/red wire.

7. Installing new Indicator switch
Turn the steering wheel 90 deg. You will see a clip in the top half of the steering column cover, gently push in with a screwdriver, turn steering wheel 180 deg. the other way and do the same. Top half of the steering column can now be rotated towards the dash. To remove the lower half you undo the 7mm AF bolt at the top and the torx screw at the bottom, you can just let this half hang down, without fully removing it.
To remove the old switch undo the 2 small torx screws and slid switch out. Fit the new one, by siding in and refit the 2 torx screws.
Refitting the bottom half of the cover is a bit fiddly, just make sure the bolt is loose fit in the cover, fit both bolt and torx screw, then fully tighten both. When refitting the top half, ensure the ears at the front are engaged properly.

8. Refit the stereo surround, reconnect the battery, switch on stereo, input your key code. Press the voice switch and you should here a beep, 10 secs later you should be asked “Device Please” say “Radio” and the stereo should reply “Radio”. This confirms everything is connected properly. If not the usual culprits will be the microphone wires.

9. Refit the rest and then look here to down load the BT/VC manual :-
http://fordfcsd.wund... Voice control/ and enjoy the fun of learning the various commands.

Sorry for the lack of photo's I'll try and take some when I next have the stereo out - as soon as my BT/VC+USB module arrives

I'll also post my notes on other combinations as soon as I get time.

DO NOT DO THE ABOVE RETROFIT IF YOU WANT USB AS WELL. Wait for my next "How To" it covers the complete retrofit for BT/VC+USB.
  • craigy02 and dahughes23 like this

Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Focus mk3 125ps Candy Red with city pack

Mondeo mk4.5 Titanium

#2 chriscatt

chriscatt

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 5362 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:A4 & 2018 Fiesta

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:23 PM

Hi, nice one, I look forward to photos and the guide for usb as well.
Keep up the good work :-)
Chris
2017 Fiesta Titanium X
5-Door
1.0L 100ps Ecoboost
Ruby Red
Panoramic Roof
Active Park Assist

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

Hi,

This how-to doc is realy great. What looks strange for me is lack of programming SRM module step. I read several docs for focus and Fiesta and in all it was mandatory. Does this mean MK4 has it already programmed in factory?

Best wishes,
Z.

#4 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:04 PM

I think you'll find that most of the Focus/Fiesta articles are for earlier versions, as all the latest BT modules are "phone interface only" which indicates that the Speech Recognition Module, Audio Command Module etc. is already coded in the stereo or Satnav.

The module I used was second hand from a Tit x with Satnav and I fitted it to 6000cd on a non BT car and it worked perfectly.

Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Mondeo mk4.5 Titanium

#5 StevenBetteley

StevenBetteley

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:56 PM

Hi. Excellent post, thank-you! I'd like to do this to mine, but I was told by my local dealer that it couldn't be done to an Edge because it doesn't have the correct loom. Does anyone know if this is true?

Cheers,
Steve

#6 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:43 PM

Hi. Excellent post, thank-you! I'd like to do this to mine, but I was told by my local dealer that it couldn't be done to an Edge because it doesn't have the correct loom. Does anyone know if this is true?
Cheers,
Steve

As far as any dealer is concerned, if the plug for the BT module is not on the original loom, it can't be done - Ford Technical have said the same - retrofitting BT/VC uses a loom that goes between the main harness and the stereo, the only existing wiring that is required is the microphone wires which are part of the alarm wiring.

So retrofitting BT/VC to an Edge, is as per the 1st post, if you don't have the alarm wiring (grey connecter behind carpet, directly in front of bonnet release) you would need to lengthen the microphone wire on the new loom.

This retrofit is based on the Focus mk2 kit as sold by Ford.

Adding USB is when it gets complicated, more so if you're doing it to a Sony unit.

Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Mondeo mk4.5 Titanium

#7 jim28270

jim28270

Little Megger

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

Excellent instructions - Thanks.

I will be carrying out this upgrade on my 2007 Titanium X when I have time. All I have done so far is pulled the carpet back in the footwell to find the microphone wires. I found them, but the relevant pins of the grey connector are definately connected to wiring on the other side. I have not removed the glovebox or steeo yoet, but is it possible that I wont need the additional loom?

#8 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:22 PM

If you have wires on the other side of the grey connecter, you probably have the full wiring in place. The quickest way - but may not be conclusive - is to remove the glove box and look to see if the BT wire is there, may be taped to harness or look for this :-
Posted Image

on the bulk head, or the socket it fits into.

These are easier to check, than pulling the stereo out and lookin for one wire (C12, white plug bottom row, right hand end, viewed from the back).

I assume you have a Sony ?cd fitted.

Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Mondeo mk4.5 Titanium

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

Hi,

I've decided to retrofit BT/VC to my MKIV build 11.2008 and started of course with a microphone. I bought one with finis 1252666 and tried today to assembly it.... and failed.

It looks like Ford changed wiring. :angryfire:
Both plugs don't fit together.
Green one (in the car and connected to 3 wires) is 6 pin female plug, whereas white (connected with the microphone is also female, but only 2 pin plug.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1235915767-car_plug.jpg
  • 1235915775-mic_plug.jpg

#10 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:07 AM

That plug is for the alarm. If you look at this :-

http://www.fordmonde...php?tid/799115/

you will see the plug, at the bottom left corner.

The microphone wiring comes as part of the alarm harness and should be there somewhere, a male version of the plug on the of the microphone.
It's normaly stowed in a socket in the light console, if not in use.

Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Mondeo mk4.5 Titanium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users